Oral Answers to Questions — Health
- Midwives (10 speeches)
What his most recent estimate is of the shortfall in the number of midwives employed in (a) Kettering, (b) Northamptonshire and (c) England.
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreement (6 speeches)
For what reasons the reciprocal health care agreement with the Isle of Man is to be ended; and if he will make a statement.
- NHS London (2012 Olympics) (6 speeches)
What discussions he has had with the Minister for the Olympics on the preparedness of NHS London for the London 2012 Olympics; and if he will make a statement.
- Intermediate Care (6 speeches)
What his most recent assessment is of the adequacy of provision of intermediate care in (a) north-east Hertfordshire and (b) England; and if he will make a statement.
- Complementary Medicine (6 speeches)
What recent representations he has received on the regulation of herbal medicine and acupuncture.
- National Autism Strategy (10 speeches)
What progress is being made on preparation of the national autism strategy.
- NHS Hospital Trusts (Deficits) (8 speeches)
How many NHS hospital trusts in the east of England have reported an anticipated deficit at the end of financial year 2009-10.
- Upper Gastro-Intestinal Services (4 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the adequacy of the provision of upper gastro-intestinal services in Devon; and if he will make a statement.
- Swine Influenza Vaccines (12 speeches)
How much his Department spent on procurement of swine influenza vaccines in the last 12 months; and how many units of vaccine have been procured.
- Overseas Patients (Costs) (8 speeches)
How much money his Department recovered from other EU member states for treatment of their citizens in the UK in the latest period for which figures are available.
- Maternity Services (4 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the capacity of local hospitals in (a) Havering and (b) England to meet the demand for maternity services.
- Health Care Costs (6 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to support people who require assistance with the cost of health care to enable them to continue living in their own home.
- Information Services (Sight Impairment) (6 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to provide information in a form accessible to blind, partially sighted and print-disabled people.
- Cancer Operations (4 speeches)
What the average waiting time was for operations for cancer in the latest period for which figures are available.
- Topical Questions (49 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Speaker's Statement (1 speech)
Following the decision of the House last night on motion 16, relating to the presentation of public petitions, I am announcing today the new arrangements that will come into operation for...