Electoral Commission (Remuneration of Chairman)
Consolidated Fund Bill
Queen's recommendation signified.
Motion made and Question put,
That the following provision shall be made with respect to the remuneration and expenses of the Chairman of the Electoral Commission ("the chairman"):
(1) In respect of remuneration for service between
(2) In respect of the year starting with
(3) Where during any of the years referred to above the chairman ceases to hold that office, the sum to be paid to her in respect of the part of the year for which she held office shall be such proportion of the sum which would have been due had she completed that year in office as reflects the portion of that period during which she held the office of chairman.
(4) The chairman shall be reimbursed for any expenses she incurs in connection with the discharge of her duties as chairman on travel, accommodation and subsistence.
(5) The pension of the chairman shall be calculated broadly by analogy with the pension scheme of the staff of the Commission, thereby delivering a pension based on the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme.— (Sir Peter Viggers.)
The House divided: Ayes 324, Noes 32.