House of Commons debates
Thursday, 14 February 2013
- [Mr Speaker in the Chair] (1 speech)
After four and a half years of dedicated and outstanding professional service to the House, the Deputy Serjeant at Arms, Mike Naworynsky, is sadly leaving us shortly to take up a new role in...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport
The Secretary of State for Culture Olympics, Media and Sport was asked—
- Olympic/Paralympic Games: Legacy (11 speeches)
What steps her Department is taking to secure a legacy from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games.
- Women’s Sport (10 speeches)
What support her Department is giving to women’s sport.
- Broadband (12 speeches)
What steps her Department is taking to improve broadband availability across the UK.
- Library Closures (11 speeches)
What assessment she has made of the number of library closures in England in 2013.
- Sport (10 speeches)
What steps she is taking with her ministerial colleagues in other Government Departments to advance the role of sport.
- Non-league Football (6 speeches)
What steps her Department is taking to encourage the development of non-league football clubs.
- Departmental Administrative Expenditure (4 speeches)
What her Department’s administrative expenditure was in 2010; and how much that expenditure will be in 2015.
- Minimum Wage (4 speeches)
whether her Department and arm’s-length bodies pay at least the minimum wage to all staff, including interns; and what steps she is taking to encourage the payment of at least the minimum...
- Mobile Telephone Coverage (6 speeches)
what steps her Department is taking to improve mobile telephone coverage across the UK.
- Silent Calls (4 speeches)
what steps she is taking to tackle silent calls; and if she will make a statement.
- City of Culture (6 speeches)
when she expects a decision to be made on which city will be named 2017 UK city of culture.
- Arm’s Length Bodies: Appointments (4 speeches)
What recent assessment she has made of the process by which public appointments to her Department’s arm’s length bodies are made.
- Topical Questions (36 speeches)
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities.
- Women and Equalities
The Minister for Women and Equalities was asked—
- Working Mothers (8 speeches)
What steps she is taking to support working mothers. [R]
- Judicial Review: Disabled People (6 speeches)
What recent discussions she has had with her ministerial colleagues on the effects on disabled people of the Government’s recent consultation on judicial review.
- Violence against Women and Girls (10 speeches)
What recent discussions she has had with the Secretary of State for Education on measures to end violence against women and girls.
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Communities (4 speeches)
What steps she is taking to improve the position of black, Asian and minority ethnic communities in the workplace.
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (4 speeches)
What progress she has made on the reform of the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
- Company Boards: Female Representation (8 speeches)
What steps she is taking to increase female representation on company boards. [R]
- Religious Belief (6 speeches)
What her plans are for equalities on the grounds of religious belief.
- Horsemeat (78 speeches)
(Urgent Question): To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs if he will make a statement on horsemeat in the UK food chain and joint police and Food Standards Agency...
- Point of Order (7 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker.
- Business of the House (74 speeches)
Will the Leader of the House give us the business for next week?
- Point of Order (2 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. This morning, I had the great pleasure of appearing on a radio programme with the hon. Member for Newport West (Paul Flynn) to discuss the fact that his book is...
- Backbench Business (1 speech)
Before I call the Chair of the Select Committee on Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to move the first motion, it might be for the convenience of the House if I mention now that the next...
- Contamination of Beef Products (17 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House has considered the matter of the publication of the Eighth Report of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, Contamination of Beef Products, HC 946. It...
- Violence against Women and Girls (114 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House notes the One Billion Rising Campaign, and the call to end violence against women and girls; and calls on the Government to support this by introducing statutory...
- Sexual Violence in Conflict (44 speeches)
[Relevant documents: Written Evidence and uncorrected Oral Evidence from the International Development Committee, on Violence against Women and Girls, HC 934 and HC 934-I.]
- Coventry and Warwickshire City Deal (14 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Greg Hands.)