House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 9 January 2013
- Oral Answers to Questions — Scotland
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Scottish Business Overseas (12 speeches)
What steps Ministers in his Department are taking to promote Scottish business overseas.
- Fuel Duty (14 speeches)
What effect cancelling the fuel duty rise planned for January 2013 will have on motorists in Scotland.
- Scottish Independence (Use of Sterling) (12 speeches)
What discussions he has had with ministerial colleagues and Ministers in the Scottish Government on the continued use of sterling in an independent Scotland.
- In-work Benefits (17 speeches)
How many people in Scotland will be affected by the Government’s plan to limit the uprating of in-work benefits to 1%.
- Food Banks (9 speeches)
How many people in Scotland have used food banks in the last 12 months.
- Superfast Broadband (12 speeches, 1 annotation)
What recent discussions his Department has had on the provision of superfast broadband in Scotland.
- Autumn Statement (7 speeches)
What assessment his Department has made of the effect of policies announced in the autumn statement 2012 on Scotland.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Engagements (70 speeches, 2 annotations)
If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 9 January.
- Transforming Rehabilitation (96 speeches)
With your permission, Mr Speaker, I would like to make a statement about the rehabilitation of offenders. This Government are committed to an ambitious programme of social reform, even at a time...
- Points of Order (4 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. “The irregular use of the Queen’s name to influence a decision of the House is unconstitutional in principle”. You will know that, Mr Speaker,...
- Children (Performances) Regulations 1968 (Amendment) (1 speech)
Motion for leave to bring in a Bill ( Standing Order No. 23)
- Opposition Day — [13th Allotted Day] (0 speeches)
- Pub Companies (151 speeches)
[Relevant documents: The Second Report of the Trade and Industry Committee, Session 2004-05, Pub Companies, HC 128, the Fourth Special Report of the Trade and Industry Committee, Session...
- Rising Cost of Transport (121 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House believes the rising cost of transport is adding to the financial pressures facing many households; notes that the Government failed to honour its pledge to cap this...
- Business without Debate (0 speeches)
- European Union Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 119(11)),
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (0 speeches)
That this House takes note of European Union Document No. 17870/11 and Addenda 1 and 2, a draft Regulation on the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund repealing Council Regulation (EC) No....
- Speed Limits (Rural Lincolnshire) (6 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Karen Bradley.)