House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Wales
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Energy Generation Sector (10 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with his ministerial colleagues on the prospects for the energy generation sector in Wales.
- Organ Transplants (11 speeches)
What discussions he (a) has had and (b) plans to have with the Welsh Government on effective ways of increasing organ transplantation in Wales.
- Commission on Devolution in Wales (15 speeches)
What steps he plans to take to implement the recommendations of the first report of the Commission on Devolution in Wales published in November 2012.
- EU Regional Policy (6 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of repatriating from the EU regional policy as it relates to Wales.
- Housing Benefit (9 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effect of proposed changes to housing benefit in Wales.
- UK Trade & Investment (6 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with UK Trade & Investment on attracting investment to enterprise zones in Wales.
- Long-term Unemployed (6 speeches)
What recent estimate he has made of the number of long-term unemployed people in Wales; and if he will make a statement.
- Departmental Savings (4 speeches)
What departmental savings he plans to make in 2013-14.
- Enterprise Zones (6 speeches, 1 annotation)
What discussions he has had with (a) his ministerial colleagues and (b) Welsh Government Ministers on the development of enterprise zones in Wales and the Welsh borders.
- Fuel Poverty (5 speeches)
What steps he is taking to tackle fuel poverty in Wales.
- Capital Investment (Rail) (6 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Transport on capital investment in rail infrastructure in Wales; and if he will make a statement.
- Private Sector Employment (5 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with his ministerial colleagues on increasing private sector employment in Wales.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Engagements (68 speeches, 2 annotations)
If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 28 November.
- Palestinian Resolution (United Nations) (83 speeches)
With permission, I will make a statement on the Palestinian resolution to be moved at the United Nations General Assembly tomorrow. The resolution calls for the upgrading of the Palestinian UN...
- Business of the House (7 speeches)
With permission, Mr Speaker, I would like to make a short business statement. As I announced last week, the Prime Minister will make a statement in response to the Leveson report. With your kind...
- Opposition Day — [11th Allotted Day] (0 speeches)
- Income Tax (112 speeches, 1 annotation)
I inform the House that I have selected the amendment in the name of the Prime Minister.
- Jobs and Social Security (154 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House notes that only just over two in every hundred people referred to the Work Programme in its first year have gone into work; further notes that it has delivered a...
- Business without Debate (0 speeches)
- Delegated Legislation (1 speech)
With the leave of the House, I will take motions 3 to 5 together. Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 118( 6 )),
- Environmental Protection (0 speeches)
That the draft Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) (Amendment) Regulations 2012, which were laid before this House on 16 October, be approved.
- Electricity (0 speeches)
That the draft Electricity and Gas (Energy Companies Obligation) Order 2012, which was laid before this House on 30 October, be approved.
- Energy Conservation (0 speeches)
That the draft Green Deal Framework (Disclosure, Acknowledgment, Redress etc.) (Amendment) Regulations 2012, which were laid before this House on 30 October, be approved.—(Joseph...
- Petition — Local Authority Funding (Derby) (1 speech)
I rise to present a petition that has united the whole of the city of Derby and the city council, because people are fed up with the unfair funding cuts to which Derby has been subjected. The...
- Unsustainable Provider Regime (NHS) (2 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Joseph Johnson.)