House of Commons debates
Thursday, 22 November 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Culture, Media and Sport
The Secretary of State for Culture Olympics, Media and Sport was asked—
- Leveson Report (12 speeches)
When she expects the Leveson report to be published.
- 4G Network (6 speeches)
When 4G network services will be rolled out in (a) England and Wales and (b) Central Bedfordshire.
- First World War (Commemoration) (4 speeches)
What plans she has to ensure a suitable commemoration of the centenary of the first world war.
- Access to the Arts (8 speeches)
What assessment she has made of access to the arts in each region.
- BBC Licence Fee (8 speeches)
If she will bring forward proposals to reduce the BBC licence fee.
- Tour de France (6 speeches)
What support her Department is giving to bids for the Tour de France to come to the UK in 2014.
- Spending on Sport (Gender Audit) (6 speeches)
What plans her Department has for a gender audit of public spending on sport.
- Digital Television Reception (Baxenden) (4 speeches)
What steps her Department is taking to address problems with digital television reception in Baxenden.
- Lottery Good Causes (8 speeches)
If she will take steps to accelerate the repayment of moneys taken from lottery good causes funds to support the London 2012 Olympic games; and if she will make a statement.
- Superfast Broadband (10 speeches)
What assessment she has made of the progress of the rural superfast broadband programme.
- Cultural Sector (Merseyside) (6 speeches)
What assessment she has made of the cultural sector in Merseyside.
- Tourism (12 speeches, 1 annotation)
What steps she is taking to increase the effects of tourism on the economy.
- Topical Questions (32 speeches)
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities.
- Women and Equalities
The Minister for Women and Equalities was asked—
- Unemployment (19 speeches)
What assessment she has made of the differential effect of unemployment across age groups.
- Workplace Diversity (10 speeches)
What steps she is taking to support women and minority groups in the workplace.
- Paralympic Games (Legacy) (4 speeches)
What steps she is taking to ensure that the London 2012 Paralympic games leave a lasting legacy for disabled people across the UK.
- Supporting Women into Work (6 speeches)
What steps she is taking to support more women into work.
- Women Bishops (51 speeches)
(Urgent Question): Will the Second Church Estates Commissioner make a statement on this week’s decision by the General Synod on women bishops?
- Business of the House (84 speeches)
Will the Leader of the House give us the business for next week?
- Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) (92 speeches)
I wish to make a statement about the Government’s approach to the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights on prisoner voting. This is a subject that provokes intense debate, not...
- Bills Presented (0 speeches)
- Police (Complaints and Conduct) Bill (0 speeches)
Presentation and First Reading ( Standing Order No. 57) Secretary Theresa May, supported by the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, Danny Alexander, Secretary Chris Grayling,...
- Equality Act 2010 (Amendment ) Bill (0 speeches)
Presentation and First Reading ( Standing Order No. 57) Mr Frank Field, supported by Diana Johnson, Andrew George and Mrs Eleanor Laing, presented a Bill to amend the Equality Act 2010 to remove...
- Prevention and Suppression of Terrorism (10 speeches)
I beg to move, That the draft Terrorism Act 2000 (Proscribed Organisations) (Amendment) (No. 2) Order 2012, which was laid before this House on 19 November, be approved. The Government are...
- Backbench Business — Universal Credit (22 speeches)
I inform the House that by convention only Dame Anne Begg will speak in this debate. Interventions are allowed, but no other speeches.
- Life-saving Skills in Schools (54 speeches)
Before I call the hon. Member for Newton Abbot (Anne Marie Morris) I inform the House that we intend to finish this debate at about a quarter to 3. I am seeking to protect the next debate, so...
- Industrial Policy and Manufacturing (75 speeches, 1 annotation)
I beg to move, That this House has considered the matter of industrial policy and UK manufacturing industries. I thank the Backbench Business Committee for allocating time for today’s...
- Business without Debate (0 speeches)
- Business of the House (0 speeches)
Ordered, That, in respect of the Police (Complaints and Conduct) Bill, notices of Amendments, new Clauses and new Schedules to be moved in Committee may be accepted by the Clerks at the Table...
- Petition — Rohingya Community (1 speech)
I wish to present this petition to the House, which has nearly 1,000 signatures, and is from Mr Ali and residents of Coldhurst and other parts of Oldham. I am grateful for the opportunity to...
- NHS Trust Merger (Dorset) (6 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Mark Lancaster .)