House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 21 November 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Scotland
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Independence (Jobs) (12 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the potential effects on jobs in Scotland of Scottish independence.
- Independence Referendum (Electoral Commission) (15 speeches)
What role the Electoral Commission will play in the referendum on Scottish independence.
- Businesses (12 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to promote businesses in Scotland around the world.
- Independence Referendum (14 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with the Scottish Government on the referendum on Scottish independence.
- Nato (8 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the benefits to Scotland of the UK’s membership of NATO; and if he will make a statement.
- Economy (8 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the economy in Scotland.
- Superfast Broadband (8 speeches)
What steps the Government are taking to widen access to superfast broadband in Scotland.
- Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Engagements (34 speeches)
If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 21 November.
- Central Ayrshire (32 speeches)
When he next expects to visit Central Ayrshire.
- Point of Order (2 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. I understand that it is not a convention of the House of Commons for the Second Church Estates Commissioner to make a statement to the House, but in the light of...
- BBC (Audit Arrangements and Publication of Invoices) (1 speech)
Motion for leave to bring in a Bill ( Standing Order No. 23)
- Opposition Day — [10th Allotted Day] (0 speeches)
- Security in Northern Ireland (95 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House extends its deepest sympathy to the family of Prison Officer David Black, whose murder represented an attack upon society as a whole; condemns the violence of the...
- Military Covenant (97 speeches, 1 annotation)
I beg to move, That this House acknowledges the service and sacrifice of the United Kingdom’s armed forces and veterans and supports the full implementation of the military covenant in each...
- Business without Debate (0 speeches)
- Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill [Lords] (Programme0 (No.2) (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 83A( 7 )). That the Order of 19 November 2012 (Groceries Code Adjudicator Bill [Lords] (Programme)) be varied as follows: In...
- European Union Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 119(11)),
- Petitions (0 speeches)
- Welfare Reform Act (1 speech)
The petition states: To the House of Commons, The Petition of members of the National League of the Blind and Disabled and of residents of Teesside, Declares that the Petitioners believe that the...
- Emergency life support skills in schools (1 speech)
In advance of the debate tomorrow, I received a petition from residents of the United Kingdom. The original petition organised by the British Heart Foundation received 124,665 signatures. The...
- 0845 Phone Lines (DWP) (10 speeches, 1 annotation)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Nicky Morgan.)
- Deferred Division (0 speeches)
- Social Security (0 speeches)
That this draft Benefit Cap (Housing Benefit) Regulations 2012, which were laid before this House on 16 July, be approved. The House divided: Ayes 283, Noes 203.