House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 5 September 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Cabinet Office
The Minister for the Cabinet Office was asked—
- Lobbying White Paper (8 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with the Deputy Prime Minister on the lobbying White Paper.
- Whitehall Spending Controls (8 speeches)
How much money was saved as a result of his Department’s cross-Whitehall spending controls in 2012.
- Trade Union Facility Time (6 speeches)
What his policy is on the provision of trade union facility time across the civil service.
- Non-departmental Public Bodies (11 speeches)
What recent progress his Department has made on its programme to abolish and reform non-departmental public bodies.
- National Citizen Service Pilots (6 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the second round of National Citizen Service pilots.
- Voluntary Sector Funding (13 speeches)
What estimate he has made of the total reduction in funding to the voluntary sector in 2011-12.
- Codes of Conduct (6 speeches)
What plans he has for the (a) ministerial and (b) civil service code of conduct.
- Topical Questions (19 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Engagements (60 speeches, 2 annotations)
If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 5 September.
- Point of Order (2 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. May I raise, with some embarrassment, something that I believe is a genuine point of order? It concerns recording the names and paying tribute to those who have...
- Pre-Paid Meters (Level of Debt) (7 speeches)
Motion for leave to bring in a Bill ( Standing Order No. 23)
- Opposition Day — [5th Allotted Day] (0 speeches)
- Rail Fares (178 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House believes that the rising cost of rail travel is adding to the financial pressures facing many households; and calls on the Government to restore the one per cent...
- Housing (99 speeches, 1 annotation)
I advise the House that Mr Speaker has selected the amendment in the name of the Prime Minister.
- Business Without Debate (0 speeches)
- Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 118(6)),
- Companies (0 speeches)
That the draft Community Interest Company (Amendment) Regulations 2012, which were laid before this House on 14 June, be approved.—(Mr Swayne.) Question agreed to. Motion made, and...
- Equality (0 speeches)
That the draft Equality Act 2010 (Age Exceptions) Order 2012, which was laid before this House on 21 June, be approved.— (Mr Swayne.) Question agreed to.
- European Union Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 119(11)),
- Co-operation with South-East Asia (0 speeches)
That this House takes note of European Union Document No. 6677/12, relating to the joint draft Council Decision on the Accession of the European Union to the Treaty of Amity and Co-operation in...
- Sittings of the House (0 speeches)
Ordered, That, on Tuesday 18 September, the House shall meet at 11.30 am and references to specific times in the Standing Orders of this House shall apply as if that day were a Wednesday.—...
- Petition — Post Offices (Clifton, Bristol) (1 speech)
The petition is from Bristol West constituents and concerns a post office in my constituency, one of the many that were closed between 2004 and 2008 under the previous Government—the Alma...
- Burial Space (8 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Mr Swayne.)