House of Commons debates
Thursday, 12 July 2012
- Energy and Climate Change
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Consumer Protection (10 speeches)
What steps he is taking to increase protection for consumers in the energy market.
- Consumer Credit (4 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the potential effects on consumers of proposed changes to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regarding early repayments and the green deal.
- Electricity Generation (6 speeches)
What estimate he has made of likely capital costs for new electricity generating capacity under (a) contracts for difference and (b) a premium feed-in tariff.
- Renewables Obligation (12 speeches)
When he plans to announce the outcome of the renewables obligation banding review.
- Generating Capacity (6 speeches)
What estimate he has made of the level of investment in generating capacity (a) under the existing renewables obligation and (b) in the future.
- Energy Efficiency (14 speeches)
What steps he is taking to help households improve their energy efficiency.
- Renewable Energy (6 speeches)
What comparison he has made of the potential capital cost of meeting the Government’s 2020 renewable target using wind power backed up by open-cycle gas plants and meeting the same level of...
- Green Deal (6 speeches)
What steps he is taking to ensure that small and medium-sized enterprises can participate in the green deal.
- Energy Market (7 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the potential effects of the provisions of the draft Energy Bill on the competitiveness of the energy market.
- Biomass-based Generation (6 speeches)
What steps he is taking to encourage biomass-based generation in appropriate and sustainable locations.
- Wind Farms (4 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had on the subsidy received by wind farm operators.
- Shale Gas Extraction (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the report by the Royal Society and Royal Academy of Engineering on shale gas extraction in the UK.
- Renewable Energy (4 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effect on security of supply of the Government’s renewable energy policy.
- Nuclear Power (9 speeches)
What progress his Department has made on negotiations to build a new generation of nuclear power stations.
- Green Investment Bank (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the likely implications for his Department’s energy policy on the green investment bank.
- Energy Bills (4 speeches)
What steps he plans to take to reduce the cost of energy bills for consumers.
- Solar Panels (4 speeches)
How many solar panels were installed in the most recent month for which figures are available.
- Oil and Gas Prices (5 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the likely level of future global oil and gas prices.
- Topical Questions (46 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Olympics (Security) (90 speeches, 1 annotation)
(Urgent Question): To ask the Home Secretary if she will make a statement on the Olympics security situation.
- Balance of Competences (66 speeches)
With permission, Mr Speaker, I will make a statement on the review of the balance of competences of the EU as it affects the United Kingdom. Membership of the EU is in the UK’s national...
- Business of the House (83 speeches)
With permission, I should like to make a statement about the business for next week, which will be as follows: Monday 16 July—Opposition day (4th allotted day). There will be a debate on...
- Point of Order (2 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Deputy Speaker. May I clarify for my right hon. Friend the Leader of the House my question during business questions? The organisation that I spoke about, the trust that...
- Court of Justice of the European Union (35 speeches, 1 annotation)
[Relevant document: The Ninth Report of Session 2010-12, from the European Scrutiny Committee, Court of Justice of the European Union: amendments to the Statute and Rules of Procedure, HC 86-ix .]
- Draft European Union Budget (93 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House takes note of an unnumbered Explanatory Memorandum dated 5 June 2012 from HM Treasury on the Statement of Estimates of the Commission for 2013 (Preparation of the...
- EU Charter of Fundamental Human Rights (48 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House takes note of European Union Documents No. 18635/11, relating to the Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Council on Human rights and democracy at...
- Business Without Debate — European Union Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 119(11)),
- Global Satellite Navigation Systems (0 speeches)
That this House takes note of European Union Document No. 17844/11 and Addenda 1 and 2, relating to a draft Regulation on the implementation and exploitation of European satellite navigation...
- Arms Trade Treaty (14 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Angela Watkinson.)