House of Commons debates
Thursday, 28 June 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Transport
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Concessionary Bus Travel (8 speeches)
What her policy is on the means-testing of concessionary bus travel for pensioners.
- Airport Capacity (South-East) (10 speeches)
What recent assessment she has made of airport capacity in the south-east; and if she will make a statement.
- Road Maintenance (8 speeches)
What recent assessment she has made of the level of funding for road maintenance.
- Automotive Fuel (4 speeches)
What representations she has received on plans to increase the level of ethanol in automotive fuel.
- Transport Infrastructure Projects (18 speeches)
What recent progress she has made on transport infrastructure projects announced in the autumn statement.
- Cycling Safety (4 speeches)
What steps her Department is taking to improve cycling safety.
- Road Infrastructure (6 speeches, 1 annotation)
What steps she is taking to invest in road infrastructure.
- Brown Tourist Signs (6 speeches)
What progress she has made on her review of the use of brown tourist signs.
- Motoring Costs (5 speeches)
What steps she is taking to support motorists and the haulage industry; and if she will make a statement.
- Road Congestion (Shipley) (6 speeches)
If she will make an assessment of the level of congestion on roads in Shipley constituency.
- Rail Franchises (8 speeches)
What steps her Department has taken to publicise the consultation on the combined Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern franchise.
- Double-decker Trains (4 speeches)
What consideration she is giving to the reintroduction of double-decker trains on the rail network.
- Driving Licence Renewals (4 speeches, 1 annotation)
What her policy is on the issuing of renewal notices for driving licences.
- Topical Questions (29 speeches, 1 annotation)
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities. Is this topical question 2 or topical question 1, Mr Speaker?
- Women and Equalities
The Minister for Women and Equalities was asked—
- Welfare Reform (Disabled People) (15 speeches)
What assessment she has made of the cumulative effect of welfare reform legislation on disabled people.
- Default Retirement Age (6 speeches)
How many people have continued to work as a result of the abolition of the default retirement age.
- Forced Marriage (4 speeches)
What steps she has taken to ensure that the criminalisation of forced marriage does not discourage victims from bringing complaints forward.
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities (12 speeches)
What assessment she has made of the potential effect of recent labour market trends on black and minority ethnic communities.
- Business of the House (87 speeches, 1 annotation)
Will the Leader of the House please give us the business for next week?
- LIBOR (FSA Investigation) (87 speeches, 2 annotations)
I would like to update the House on the Financial Services Authority’s investigation into the manipulation of the setting of the LIBOR and EURIBOR interest rates and the Government’s...
- Backbench Business — Green Economy (94 speeches, 2 annotations)
[Relevant documents: The Twelfth Report from the Environmental Audit Committee, Session 2010-12, A Green Economy, HC 1025; and The Sixth Report of the Committee, Budget 2011 and Environmental...
- Minister for Older People (40 speeches, 1 annotation)
I beg to move, That this House notes the concerns of the Grey Pride campaign; and calls on the Government to consider appointing a member of the Cabinet to be the Minister for Older People, to...
- Business without Debate (0 speeches)
- Draft Enhanced Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Bill (Joint Committee) (0 speeches)
Resolved, That this House concurs with the Lords Message of 28 May, that it is expedient that a Joint Committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to consider and report on the draft Enhanced...
- Young Offender Institutions (Speech and Language Therapy) (10 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Bill Wiggin.)