House of Commons debates
Thursday, 17 May 2012
- Energy and Climate Change
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Feed-in Tariffs (10 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effect of changes to the feed-in tariff on the number of solar PV installations in the last 12 months.
- Green Deal (21 speeches)
What progress his Department has made on the introduction of the green deal.
- Energy Bills (12 speeches)
What steps he is taking to help households with their energy bills.
- New Nuclear Power Stations (13 speeches)
What discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on the potential long-term community benefits of the Hinkley Point C nuclear power station and other...
- Climate Change (4 speeches)
What steps he is taking to listen to a diversity of views on the causes of change in the Earth’s climate.
- Feed-in Tariffs (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the change in the number of solar panel installations since he announced changes to the feed-in tariff.
- Energy Policy (4 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with the Scottish Government on the effect of potential Scottish independence on energy policy.
- Domestic Energy Bills (12 speeches)
What steps he is taking to reduce domestic energy bills.
- Carbon Capture and Storage (11 speeches)
When he expects to conclude the assessment of bids for funding of carbon capture and storage projects.
- Energy Efficiency (4 speeches)
What support he plans to provide for Cambridge retrofit and other schemes to improve the energy efficiency of existing buildings.
- Induced Hydraulic Fracturing (6 speeches)
What discussions he has had with the chair of the Environment Agency on induced hydraulic fracturing.
- Biomass Gasification Plants (4 speeches)
What steps he is taking to support combined heat and power biomass gasification plants.
- Nuclear Power (8 speeches)
What his policy is on investment in new nuclear power.
- Energy Efficiency (4 speeches)
What steps he is taking to help households improve their energy efficiency.
- Topical Questions (36 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Business of the House (96 speeches)
Will the Leader of the House give us the business for next week?
- Point of Order (2 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Deputy Speaker. Yesterday, in response to a question from my hon. Friend the Member for Ynys Môn (Albert Owen), the Energy Secretary said: “Let me give the...
- Debate on the Address (0 speeches)
- [6th Day] (0 speeches)
Debate resumed (Order, 1 6 May ). Question again proposed , That an humble Address be presented to Her Majesty, as follows: Most Gracious Sovereign, We, Your Majesty’s most dutiful and...
- Jobs and Growth (252 speeches, 4 annotations)
I inform the House that the Speaker has selected the amendment in the name of the Leader of the Opposition. Standing Order No. 33 provides that, on the last day of the debate on the motion for...
- Business without Debate — Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Ordered, That the Motion in the name of Mr Peter Lilley relating to the House of Commons Members’ Fund shall be treated as if it related to an instrument subject to the provisions of...
- John Lawton (2 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Greg Hands.)