House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Scotland
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Independence Referendum (16 speeches, 1 annotation)
What recent discussions he has had with the First Minister of Scotland on a referendum on independence for Scotland.
- NEETs (12 speeches)
How many young people aged between 16 and 24 are not in employment, education or training in Scotland; and if he will make a statement.
- Human Trafficking (6 speeches)
What steps he is taking to ensure that the findings of the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s inquiry into human trafficking in Scotland are discussed by the relevant officials in...
- Credit Rating (10 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with the Chancellor of the Exchequer on a credit rating for Scotland.
- Benefits Cap (11 speeches)
What meetings Ministers in his Department have had with Ministers in the Department for Works and Pensions to discuss the effect on Scotland of the proposed benefits cap.
- Public Expenditure (9 speeches)
What recent estimate he has made of the level of public expenditure per person in Scotland.
- Severe Disability Premium (8 speeches)
How many disabled children receive the severe disability premium in Scotland.
- Defence Munitions Beith (4 speeches)
What discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Defence on the future of DM Beith.
- Independence (Financial Effects) (10 speeches)
What assessment his Department has made of the financial effect on Scotland of independence.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Opposition Day — [Un-allotted Day] (0 speeches)
- NHS Risk Register (323 speeches, 1 annotation)
In view of the extensive interest in this debate, I have imposed a seven-minute limit on Back-Bench contributions. That limit is based on the premise of reasonable self-discipline being shown in...
- Business without Debate — Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 118(6)),
- Tribunals and Inquiries (0 speeches)
That the draft Revenue and Customs Appeals Order 2012, which was laid before this House on 11 January, be approved.—(Jeremy Wright.) Question agreed to.
- European Union Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 119(11))
- Draft Protocols to the EU Treaties Concerning Ireland and the Czech Republic (0 speeches)
That this House takes note of European Union Documents No. EUCO 91/11, relating to a draft Protocol on the application of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union to the Czech...
- DELEGATED LEGISLATION (committees) (1 speech)
Motion made, That the Motion in the name of Secretary Vince Cable relating to Financial Assistance to Industry shall be treated as if it related to an instrument subject to the provisions of...
- Sittings of the House (20 and 23 March) (1 speech)
Motion made, That— (1) there shall be no sitting in Westminster Hall on Tuesday 20 March; and (2) this House shall sit on Friday 23 March.—(Sir George Young.)
- Business of the House (Private Members’ Bills) (1 speech)
Motion made, That Private Members’ Bills shall have precedence over Government business on 6 and 13 July, 7 and 14 September, 19 and 26 October and 2, 9 and 30 November 2012 and 18 and...
- Petition — Redevelopment of Tesco Site in Linwood (Renfrewshire) (1 speech)
I wish to present the humble petition of residents of Linwood, Renfrewshire and of others. May I make special mention of the Linwood Community Development Trust, which has worked hard to try to...
- Turquoise Resort (Uk Property Owners) (21 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Mr Vara.)