House of Commons debates
Monday, 20 February 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Defence
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Departmental Budget (10 speeches)
What steps he is taking to balance his Department’s budget.
- Contracts (Small Businesses) (11 speeches)
What steps he is taking to help small businesses secure more contracts with his Department.
- Medical Emergency Response Team (Helmand) (8 speeches)
How many times the medical emergency response team has been called out in Helmand province in the last year.
- Defence Exports (10 speeches)
What steps he is taking to promote defence exports.
- Olympics (Security) (12 speeches)
What contribution the armed forces will make to security at the London 2012 Olympics; and if he will make a statement.
- Redundancies (Armed Forces) (12 speeches)
What criteria his Department uses when determining individual redundancies in the armed forces.
- Defence Munitions Beith (6 speeches)
What plans he has for the future of Defence Munitions Beith; and if he will make a statement.
- Falkland Islands (19 speeches)
What plans he has for defence deployments to the Falkland Islands; and if he will make a statement.
- Falkland Islands (Argentine Forces) (4 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the capacity of armed forces from Argentina to enter the Falkland Islands by force.
- Arctic Convoy Veterans (8 speeches, 6 annotations)
What recent progress has been made by the independent review into granting a medal to the Arctic convoy veterans; and if he will make a statement.
- Defence Science and Technology (6 speeches)
What plans he has for future investment in defence science and technology.
- Pakistan and Afghanistan (6 speeches)
What discussions he has had with his NATO counterparts on Pakistan’s involvement in Afghanistan.
- Carrier Programme (6 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the cost of the UK carrier programme.
- Topical Questions (39 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Office for Fair Access (75 speeches, 2 annotations)
(Urgent Question): To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills if he will make a statement on the appointment of director of the Office for Fair Access.
- UK Border Agency (52 speeches, 1 annotation)
With permission, Mr Speaker, I would like to make a statement on border security. In November last year, it became apparent that certain border security checks had been suspended without...
- Points of Order (7 speeches)
On a point of order relating to the Code of Conduct, on which no further points of order may arise, I call Mr Mark Simmonds.
- Backbench Business — [Un-allotted Day] (0 speeches)
- Iran (220 speeches)
Because of the level of interest in speaking in this debate, I have imposed an eight-minute limit on most Back-Bench contributions. That does not apply to the hon. Member for Basildon and...
- Future of Biomass (12 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Greg Hands.)