House of Commons debates
Thursday, 2 February 2012
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Red Tape Challenge (20 speeches)
What recent progress he has made on the red tape challenge.
- High Pay Commission (15 speeches)
For what reasons he does not plan to implement all the recommendations of the High Pay Commission.
- Prospects for Growth (10 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the prospects for growth in 2012.
- Daylight Saving Bill (6 speeches)
What his policy is on the Daylight Saving Bill; and if he will make a statement.
- Micro-businesses (10 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to support micro-businesses.
- Executive Pay (10 speeches)
What steps he plans to take to address executive pay and reduce rewards for failure.
- Further and Higher Education (10 speeches)
What plans he has to facilitate the provision of higher education in further education institutions.
- Green Investment Bank (4 speeches)
What recent progress he has made on determining the location of the green investment bank.
- Economic Growth (11 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of prospects for economic growth and their effect on business confidence.
- Job Creation (Scotland) (6 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with the Scottish Government on promoting job creation in Scotland.
- Business Growth (8 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to promote business growth.
- Construction Industry (7 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the strength of the construction industry.
- Tuition Fees (13 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effect of higher tuition fees on the level of university admissions in the next academic year.
- Public Interest Declarations (4 speeches)
What his policy is on responding to public interest declarations made to him or his Department.
- Topical Questions (40 speeches, 1 annotation)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Tax Avoidance (Public Servants) (81 speeches)
(Urgent Question): To ask the Chief Secretary to the Treasury if he will set out the Government’s policy on the operation of tax avoidance schemes in the civil service.
- Business of the House (93 speeches, 2 annotations)
Will the Leader of the House please give us the business for next week?
- Points of Order (12 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. We look forward to debating the Water Industry (Financial Assistance) Bill, which is being presented by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs...
- Bill Presented — Water Industry (Financial Assistance) Bill (0 speeches)
Presentation and First Reading ( Standing Order No. 5 7 ) Mrs Secretary Spelman, supported by the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, Secretary Vince Cable...
- Transparency and Consistency of Sentencing (155 speeches)
[Relevant documents: Seventh Report from the Justice Committee, Session 20 10 -12, Draft Sentencing Guidelines: Drugs a nd Burglary, HC 1211; First Report from the Justice Committee, Session...
- Carers and Online Banking (2 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Mr Vara.)