House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
- Oral Answers to Questions — International Development
The Secretary of State was asked—
- St Helena (6 speeches)
What progress his Department has made on the proposals for an airport on St Helena.
- Moldova (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the development needs of the Republic of Moldova.
- Global Health Fund (12 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the work of the global fund on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in developing countries.
- Tax Evasion (4 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to support developing countries to deal with tax evasion.
- Bangladesh (6 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the priorities for development in Bangladesh.
- Climate Change Projects (6 speeches)
What steps he plans to take to assess the value for money of aid expenditure on climate change projects.
- Equatorial Guinea (6 speeches)
What estimate his Department has made of the number of people living in poverty in Equatorial Guinea.
- Horn of Africa (6 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the humanitarian situation in the horn of Africa; and if he will make a statement.
- Sri Lanka (4 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the humanitarian situation in refugee camps in Sri Lanka.
- Topical Questions (20 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Engagements (73 speeches)
If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 7 December.
- Point of Order (2 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. Members of the House are aware of their responsibilities in relation to the rules about not abusing their position in the House and about their personal and...
- Tax Refunds Regulation (Review) (1 speech)
Motion for leave to bring in a Bill ( Standing Order No. 23)
- Appointment of the Chair of the National Audit Office (5 speeches)
I beg to move, That an humble Address be presented to Her Majesty, praying that Her Majesty will appoint Professor Sir Andrew Likierman to the Office of Chair of the National Audit Office. This...
- Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (1 speech)
I beg to move, That Ms Angela Eagle be appointed to the Speaker’s Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority in place of Hilary Benn, until the end of the present...
- Common European Sales Law (19 speeches)
I beg to move, That this House considers that the Draft Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council to introduce a Common European Sales Law (European Union Document No. 15429/11 and...
- London Local Authorities Bill [Lords] (0 speeches)
Consideration of Bill, as amende d
- Clause 3 — Powers exercisable by police civilians and accredited persons (102 speeches)
I beg to move amendment 5.
- Clause 4 — Power to require name and address (1 speech)
Amendment proposed: 9, leave out clause 4—[Mr Chope.] Question put, That the amendment be made. The House divided: Ayes 57, Noes 145.
- Clause 5 — Street litter control notices (3 speeches, 1 annotation)
I beg to move amendment 15.
- Animal Experimentation (32 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Greg Hands.)