House of Commons debates
Monday, 21 November 2011
- Business Before Questions (0 speeches)
- Messages from the Queen (0 speeches)
The Vice-Chamberlain of the Household reported to the House, That the humble Address praying that Her Majesty should reappoint Maxwell Marshall Caller CBE to be the chairman of the Local...
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Learning Outside the Classroom (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the social and economic value to schools and pupils of learning outside the classroom.
- Pupil Premium (Harlow) (8 speeches)
How much he plans to allocate in funding for the pupil premium to (a) Harlow constituency and (b) England in 2011-12.
- Trends in Education and Schools Spending (16 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the findings of the report by the Institute for Fiscal Studies on Trends in Education and Schools Spending.
- Pupil Premium (12 speeches)
What estimate he has made of the change in average expenditure on schools in real terms per student following the introduction of the pupil premium.
- Broadband Access (4 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effect on schoolchildren of a lack of high-speed broadband access in schools.
- Careers Guidance (10 speeches)
If he will bring forward proposals to place schools under a statutory duty to provide high-quality and impartial careers guidance.
- Rural Schools Funding (4 speeches)
What steps he is taking to ensure adequate funding for rural primary schools.
- Primary School Places (6 speeches)
What steps he is taking to tackle the shortage of primary school places in (a) Hendon constituency and (b) England.
- English Baccalaureate (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the introduction of the English baccalaureate.
- School Admissions Code (4 speeches)
What his objectives are for the principal revisions to the school admissions code.
- Primary School Places (9 speeches)
What steps he is taking to tackle the shortage of primary school places in (a) Enfield North constituency and (b) England.
- Munro Review Implementation Working Group (4 speeches)
What progress has been made by the Munro review implementation working group.
- Academies (4 speeches)
What his policy is on converting primary schools into academies.
- Literacy and Numeracy (6 speeches)
What steps he is taking to improve the teaching of numeracy and literacy in primary schools.
- Sure Start Children’s Centres (8 speeches)
What estimate he has made of the likely size of the Sure Start children’s centre network by the end of the 2012-13 financial year.
- Trends in Education and Schools Spending (4 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the findings of the report by the Institute for Fiscal Studies on trends in education and schools spending.
- National Citizen Service (4 speeches)
What plans his Department has to allocate funding to the national citizen service beyond 2012.
- Topical Questions (43 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Northern Rock (97 speeches)
With permission, Mr Speaker, I would like to make a statement about Northern Rock. As the House will be aware, on 15 June this year the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced that Northern Rock...
- Housing Reform (89 speeches)
Today, the Government have published “Laying the Foundations: A Housing Strategy for England”. The Government inherited a situation in which house building had fallen to its lowest...
- Points of Order (6 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. Once again, a major policy announcement from the Department for Communities and Local Government has appeared in the newspapers before a statement has been made...
- Intelligence and Security Committee (70 speeches)
[Relevant documents: The Government’ s Response (Cm 8168) to the 2010-11 Annual Report from the Intelligence and Security Committee is relevant. The Justice and Security Green Paper (Cm...
- Mental Health Care (12 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Stephen Crabb .)