House of Commons debates
Monday, 10 October 2011
- Oral Answers to Questions — Defence
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Security Relationships (South Asia) (13 speeches)
What steps he is taking to establish security relationships in South Asia.
- Levene Review (6 speeches)
What progress he is making in implementing the recommendations of the Levene review of defence reform.
- Defence Exports (10 speeches)
What steps he is taking to promote defence exports.
- Defence Contracts (SMEs) (13 speeches)
What progress he has made on increasing the number of small and medium-sized enterprises bidding for defence contracts.
- Comprehensive Spending Review (8 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the adequacy of his Department’s budget during the comprehensive spending review period; and if he will make a statement.
- Medical Care (12 speeches, 1 annotation)
What recent discussions he has had on the medical care of wounded service personnel and veterans.
- Training and Support (Armed Forces) (8 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the co-operation on training and support of British armed forces with armed forces in the middle east and north Africa; and if he will make a statement.
- Eurofighter Typhoon (9 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the export prospects for the Eurofighter Typhoon.
- Military Equipment (7 speeches)
What procedures exist to ensure that British military equipment used in operations abroad does not fall into the hands of others.
- Defence Exports (11 speeches)
What steps he is taking to ensure that any increase in the level of defence exports is transparent.
- Libya (12 speeches, 3 annotations)
What meetings he has had with his ministerial colleagues on the stabilisation of Libya.
- Topical Questions (42 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Defence Responsibilities (81 speeches)
I would like to take this opportunity to inform the House about my defence responsibilities in the light of considerable media coverage and the interim report this morning by the permanent...
- Eurozone (102 speeches)
I would like to update the House on the situation in the eurozone and what we are doing to mitigate the impact of the crisis on the UK. Markets remain exceptionally volatile. Since July stock...
- New Schools (92 speeches, 3 annotations)
Mr Deputy Speaker, with your permission, I would like to make a statement on the next steps in our school reform programme. Just a few weeks ago, we opened the first 24 free schools—new...
- Protection of Freedoms Bill (Programme) (No. 3) (20 speeches)
The debate may continue for 45 minutes. I should inform the House that Mr Speaker has selected the amendment on the Order Paper in the name of Mr Edward Leigh.
- Protection of Freedoms Bill (Ways and Means) (0 speeches)
Resolved, That, for the purposes of any Act resulting from the Protection of Freedoms Bill, it is expedient to authorise— (1) the making of provision under the Act in relation to income...
- Protection of Freedoms Bill — [1st Allocated day] (0 speeches)
Consideration of Bill, as amend ed in the Public Bill Committee
- Clause 3 — Persons arrested for or charged with a qualifying offence (46 speeches, 2 annotations)
I beg to move amendment 89, page 3, line 43, leave out from ‘offence’ to end of line 44.
- Clause 3 — Persons arrested for or charged with a qualifying offence (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 1, page 3, line 44, leave out ‘any prescribed circumstances apply’ and insert ‘the Commissioner for the Retention and Use of Biometric Material has...
- Clause 8 — Persons given a penalty notice (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 6, page 7, line 33, after ‘2001’ insert ‘and in respect of whom no proceedings are brought for the offence to which the notice...
- Clause 17 — Exclusions for certain regimes (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 7, page 11, line 43, at end insert— ‘(2A) Sections 63D to 63P, 63R and 63S do not apply to material which is, or may become, disclosable under— (a) the...
- Clause 20 — National Security: Appointment of Commissioner (0 speeches)
Amendment proposed: 108, page 13, line 26, leave out from ‘must’ to end of line 28 and insert— ‘place a report in both Houses, after consultation with the...
- Clause 21 — Reports by Commissioner (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 12, page 14, line 36, leave out ‘carrying out of those’ and insert “Commissioner’s’. Amendment...
- Clause 22 — Guidance on making a national security determination (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 14, page 15, line 14, after ‘Commissioner’ insert ‘for the Retention and Use of Biometric Material’.—(James Brokenshire.)
- Clause 24 — National DNA Database Strategy Board (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 15, page 16, line 12, leave out ‘this section’ and insert ‘subsection (2). ‘(3A) The National DNA Database Strategy Board may issue...
- Schedule 1 — Amendments of regimes other than PACE (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 33, page 90, line 24, at end insert— (da) any of the fingerprints, data or samples obtained under paragraph 1 or 4 of Schedule 6 to the Terrorism...
- Part 3A — Material subject to the Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Act 2011 (0 speeches)
4A After paragraph 10(2) of Schedule 6 to the Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Act 2011(fingerprints and samples) insert— (2A) But a person is not to be treated as having...
- New Clause 15 — Offence of issuing excess parking charges (34 speeches)
‘(1) A person commits an offence who, without lawful authority requires a driver or any person in possession of a vehicle to pay parking charges in relation to a contract to park that...
- Clause 54 — offence of immobilising etc. vehicles (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 21, page 38, leave out lines 14 to 18 and insert— ‘(3) But, where the restriction of the movement of the vehicle is by means of a fixed barrier and the...
- Clause 56 — Recovery of unpaid parking charges (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 76, page 39, line 11, leave out from ‘keeper’ to ‘has’ in line 12 and insert ‘or hirer of a vehicle in certain...
- Schedule 4 — Recovery of unpaid parking charges (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 39, page 113, line 11, leave out ‘a relevant contract’ and insert ‘virtue of a relevant obligation’. Amendment...
- Business without Debate (0 speeches)
- Business of the House (1 speech)
Ordered, That, at the sitting on Wednesday 12 October, paragraph (2) of Standing Order No. 31 (Questions on amendments) shall apply to the Motions in the name of Edward Miliband as if the day...
- Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 118(6)),
- Tribunals and Inquiries (0 speeches)
That the draft First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Fees Order 2011, which was laid before this House on 12 July, be approved.—(James Duddridge.) Question put. The...
- Petition — Swindon Town Centre (3 speeches)
I present a petition signed by Swindon residents and visitors to our town centre. It is made in respect of established street traders. [Interruption.]
- Interpretation Services (Ministry of Justice) (11 speeches, 1 annotation)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Bill Wiggin.)