House of Commons debates
Monday, 12 September 2011
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Police Numbers (17 speeches)
What estimate she has made of the change in the number of police officers during the comprehensive spending review period.
- Police Panels (6 speeches)
Whether she has considered bringing forward amendments to the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill to ensure that proposed police panels are representative of the geographical area they...
- Bogus Colleges (9 speeches)
What recent progress she has made in tackling bogus colleges.
- Student Visas (English Language Teaching) (4 speeches)
What recent assessment she has made of the potential effects on English language teaching centres of changes to the Tier 4 (General) Student visa accreditation scheme.
- Family Migration (11 speeches)
What steps she is taking to prevent abuse of the family migration route into the UK.
- Efficiency (Police Forces) (19 speeches)
What estimate her Department has made of the potential for savings to the public purse through back-office efficiencies within police forces.
- Health and Safety Regulation (Police) (6 speeches)
What steps she is taking to reduce the burden of health and safety regulation on police officers.
- Immigration (13 speeches, 1 annotation)
What progress the Government has made in reducing the level of immigration.
- Antisocial Behaviour (10 speeches)
What steps she is taking to reduce antisocial behaviour.
- Illegal Immigrants (NHS Treatment) (4 speeches)
What procedures are in place to repatriate illegal immigrants whose treatment in NHS hospitals has been completed.
- Disorder (Gangs) (6 speeches)
What research she has (a) commissioned and (b) evaluated on the contribution of gangs to the public disorder of August 2011.
- Terrorism (4 speeches)
What steps she is taking to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
- Topical Questions (47 speeches, 1 annotation)
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities.
- Independent Banking Commission Report (86 speeches)
I would like to make a statement on the final report of the Independent Commission on Banking. The report is an impressive piece of work, broad in scope, incisive in its analysis and clear in its...
- Points of Order (8 speeches, 2 annotations)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. Last week, this House was asked to debate, amend and agree the Health and Social Care Bill. We were asked to scrutinise that legislation with no updated...
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill (Programme) (No. 3) (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 83A(7)), That the following provisions shall apply to the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill for the purpose of...
- Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill (0 speeches)
Consideration of Lords amendments
- Clause 1 — Police and crime commissioners (172 speeches, 1 annotation)
I beg to move, That this House disagrees with Lords amendment 1.
- Schedule 8 — Appointment, Suspension and Removal of Senior Police Officers (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put, That this House disagrees with Lords amendment 98.—(Mark Tami .) The House divided: Ayes 202, Noes 300.
- Business without Debate — delegated legislation (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith (Standing O rder No. 118(6),
- Environmental Protection (0 speeches)
That the draft Storage of Carbon Dioxide (Access to Infrastructure) Regulations 2011, which were laid before this House on 20 June, be approved.—( Miss Chloe Smith.) Question agreed to.
- Petition — Spring Gardens Care Home (3 speeches)
- Swansea Coastguard (34 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Miss Chloe Smith.)