House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 15 June 2011
- Oral Answers to Questions — Cabinet Office
The Minister for the Cabinet Office was asked—
- Volunteering (6 speeches)
What plans his Department has to help match young people with volunteering opportunities.
- Industrial Action (Public Sector) (10 speeches)
What steps he is taking to prepare for potential industrial action in the public sector.
- Giving (10 speeches)
What steps he is taking to encourage increased levels of giving.
- National Citizen Service (11 speeches)
What steps he is taking to enable young people in (a) England and (b) Northamptonshire to participate in the national citizen service in the summer of 2011.
- Benefit Fraud (6 speeches)
What progress his Department’s counter fraud taskforce has made in tackling benefit fraud.
- Big Society Bank (12 speeches)
What progress he has made on establishing a big society bank.
- Public Bodies Bill (6 speeches)
What recent representations he has received on the provisions of the Public Bodies Bill.
- Topical Questions (23 speeches)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Points of Order (4 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. I received a letter this morning before I asked the Prime Minister a question about a company called ENRC. The letter was from the solicitors Mishcon de Reya and...
- Remembrance Day (Bank Holiday) (1 speech)
Motion for leave to introduce a Bill ( Standing Order No. 23)
- Welfare Reform Bill — [2nd Allocated Day] (0 speeches)
Further consideration of Bill, as amended in the Public Bill Committee
- Clause 69 — Ending of discretionary payments (66 speeches)
I beg to move amendment 53, page 52, line 21, leave out clause 69.
- Clause 74 — State pension credit: capital limit (2 speeches)
Amendment made: 19, page 54, line 15, clause 74, at end insert— ‘( ) In section 19 of that Act (regulations and orders), in subsection (2), before paragraph (a)...
- Clause 78 — Ability to carry out daily living activities or mobility activities (148 speeches)
I beg to move amendment 43, page 56, line 40, at end insert— ‘(7) Regulations shall exempt people with prescribed medical conditions from the requirement in...
- Clause 79 — Required period condition: further provision (0 speeches)
Amendment proposed: 44, page 56, line 45, leave out ‘6’ and insert ‘3’.—(Margaret Curran.) Question put, That the amendment be made. The House...
- Clause 83 — Persons receiving certain services (0 speeches)
Amendment proposed: 42, page 58, line 40, at beginning insert— ‘(3) The condition is that the person is an in-patient of a hospital. (4) ’.—(Margaret...
- Schedule 14 — Repeals (35 speeches)
Amendments made: 20, page 165, leave out line 25 and insert— ‘In section 37(1)—(a) in paragraph (a)(i), “6, 7”; (b) paragraph (ab).’ Amendment...
- European Union Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith ( Standing Order No. 119(11)),
- Cultivation of Genetically Modified Crops (0 speeches)
That this House takes note of European Union Document No. 12371/10, a Commission Communication on the freedom for Member States to decide on the cultivation of genetically modified crops;...
- Kidderminster Enterprise Zone (14 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Angela Watkinson.)