House of Commons debates
Wednesday, 11 May 2011
- Oral Answers to Questions — Wales
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Council Tax Benefit (4 speeches)
What discussions she has had with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and the Welsh Assembly Government on proposals to transfer responsibility for council tax benefit to local authorities.
- Devolution Funding (19 speeches, 1 annotation)
What progress has been made on the Government’s commitment to undertake a process similar to the Calman commission on devolution funding; and if she will make a statement.
- Departmental Efficiency Savings (4 speeches)
What mechanisms her Department has used to identify efficiency savings since May 2010.
- Big Society Initiatives (6 speeches)
What recent discussions she has had with ministerial colleagues and the Welsh Assembly Government on big society initiatives in Wales.
- Broadband Infrastructure (9 speeches, 1 annotation)
What discussions she has had with ministerial colleagues and the Welsh Assembly Government on improving broadband infrastructure in rural Wales.
- Health and Social Care Bill (8 speeches)
What discussions she has had with ministerial colleagues and the Welsh Assembly Government on cross-border implications of the provisions of the Health and Social Care Bill.
- Great Western Main Line (6 speeches)
What estimate she has made of the number of jobs to be created in Wales as a result of electrification of the Great Western main line to Cardiff.
- Tourism Promotion (6 speeches)
What recent representations she has received from tourism operators in Wales on Government financing for tourism promotion.
- Nuclear Industry (15 speeches)
What recent assessment she has made of the future of the nuclear industry in Wales.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was asked—
- Engagements (54 speeches)
If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 11 May.
- Computer Sciences Corporation (4 speeches)
What discussions he has had with the Minister for the Cabinet Office and the Secretary of State for Health on the performance of Computer Sciences Corporation in installing Lorenzo software...
- Engagements (9 speeches)
Will the Prime Minister investigate why his much-trumpeted Work programme will be delivered in Scotland by private companies with only an 8% voluntary sector component—or does his big...
- Future Diplomatic Network (53 speeches)
With permission, Mr Speaker, I will make a statement on Britain’s future diplomatic network. Our embassies and high commissions are the essential infrastructure of our country’s...
- Points of Order (8 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. The shadow Foreign Secretary said earlier that he was grateful to the Foreign Secretary for advance sight of the statement. Unfortunately, however, the whole...
- Planning (Grade 1 Agricultural Land Protection) (1 speech)
Motion for leave to bring in a Bill ( Standing Order No. 23)
- Education Bill (0 speeches)
Consideration of Bill, as amended in the Public Bill Committee.
- New Clause 20 — Financing of pupil referral units (51 speeches)
‘(1) Section 45 of SSFA 1998 (financing of maintained schools: maintained schools to have budget shares) is amended as follows. (2) In subsection (1A), omit “or” at the end of...
- New Clause 21 — Charges at boarding Academies (2 speeches)
‘After section 10 of AA 2010 insert— “10A Charges at boarding Academies (1) This section applies where— (a) a registered pupil at an Academy is provided with board and...
- New Clause 2 — Admissions policy of independent schools opting for Academy status (116 speeches)
‘(1) Section 6 of the Academies Act 2010 (effect of Academy order) is amended as follows. (2) In subsection (4) (definition of “selective school”), after paragraph (b),...
- New Clause 5 — Payments in relation to full-time, post-16 education (27 speeches)
‘(1) EA 1996 is amended as follows. (2) In section 518, after subsection (2), insert— “(3) The Secretary of State must make regulations in relation to the payment of any...
- New Clause 9 — Requirement to achieve specified standard: suppliers of careers guidance (0 speeches)
‘(1) EA 2002 is amended as follows. (2) In section 29 (additional functions of governing body), after subsection (5) insert— “(6) The governing body and head teacher of a...
- Clause 2 — Power of members of staff at schools to search pupils (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 30, page 6, line 15, at end insert— ‘( ) In section 569 of EA 1996, in subsection (2A) (regulations subject to affirmative procedure), for...
- Clause 13 — Restrictions on reporting alleged offences by teachers (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 31, page 20, line 38, at end insert— ‘( ) The restrictions in subsection (3) also cease to apply if— (a) the Secretary of State publishes...
- Clause 34 — Duties in relation to school admissions (0 speeches)
Amendment proposed: 13, page 33, line 14, leave out subsection (3) and insert— ‘(3) For section 88J (changes to admission arrangements by schools adjudicator)...
- Clause 51 — Academy arrangements: post-16 education and alternative provision (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 34, page 42, line 34, leave out from ‘not’ to end of line 36 and insert ‘otherwise receive suitable education for any period,’....
- Clause 65 — The apprenticeship offer (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 36, page 51, line 5, leave out ‘sections 83B and 83C’ and insert ‘section 83B’. Amendment 37, page 52, leave out lines 26 to...
- Clause 76 — Commencement (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 38, page 57, line 9, at end insert— ‘(f) section [Charges at boarding Academies].’.—(Mr Gibb.)
- Schedule 14 — Academies: land (23 speeches)
Amendment made: 39, page 112, line 24, at end insert— ‘() in the opening words, for “subsections (4) and” substitute...
- Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (63 speeches)
[Relevant document: The Twenty-seventh Report from the European Scrutiny Committee, HC 428-xxv.]
- Charter for Budget Responsibility (23 speeches)
I beg to move, That the Charter for Budget Responsibility, a copy of which was laid before this House on 4 April, be approved. I welcome the opportunity to bring forward the charter for budget...
- Back to Work Agenda (8 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Miss Chloe Smith.)