House of Commons debates
Tuesday, 13 October 2009
- Oral Answers to Questions — Health (0 speeches)
The Secretary of State was asked-
- Prostate Cancer (8 speeches)
What steps his Department is taking to raise the level of awareness of prostate cancer.
- Maternity Services (Rochdale) (8 speeches)
What his most recent assessment is of the adequacy of maternity service provision in Rochdale constituency.
- Small Pharmacies (12 speeches)
If he will take steps to protect small pharmacies from the effects of the operation of in-house pharmacies established in supermarkets.
- Cancer Services (15 speeches)
What is his most recent assessment of the level of provision of cancer services in England; and if he will make a statement.
- "Shaping the future of care together" (9 speeches, 1 annotation)
What discussions he has had with the devolved Administrations in relation to the implementation of the proposals in his Department's Green Paper, "Shaping the future of care together".
- Alcohol-related Mental Health Services (10 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the availability of services for patients in north Northumberland with mental health problems related to alcohol.
- Better Healthcare Closer to Home (7 speeches)
What his most recent assessment is of the effectiveness of the Better Healthcare Closer to Home programme in achieving its objectives.
- Social Care (6 speeches)
What recent representations he has received on his Department's Green Paper on social care.
- Allergy Services (6 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the specialist allergy service pilot in the north-west.
- Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust (4 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the financial performance of the Mid Essex Hospital Trust; and if he will make a statement.
- Berkeley Hospital (4 speeches)
What progress has been made on the provision of services at Berkeley hospital.
- NHS Work Force (7 speeches)
What his latest estimate is of the size of the NHS work force.
- Hospital Services (London) (4 speeches)
What plans he has for the reconfiguration of hospital services in London.
- Topical Questions (37 speeches, 2 annotations)
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
- Points of Order (13 speeches, 1 annotation)
On a point of order, Mr. Speaker. I want to raise a chain of events that may be of some concern to the House. Today The Guardian reported that it had been prevented from reporting a written...
- Parliamentary Elections (Recall and Primaries) (1 speech)
Motion for leave to introduce a Bill ( Standing Order No. 23)
- Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Bill [ Lords] (0 speeches)
Consideration of Bill, as amended in the Public Bill Committee
- New Clause 12 — Application of construction contracts legislation (26 speeches)
'(1) The Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 (c. 53) is amended as follows. (2) In section 106 (provisions not applicable to contract with residential occupiers), in subsection...
- New Clause 19 — Mutual insurance (41 speeches, 1 annotation)
'(1) Subject as follows, a qualifying authority may - (a) become a member of a body corporate- (i) all of whose objects fall within the objects specified in subsection (2), and (ii) all of whose...
- New Clause 20 — Mutual insurance: supplementary (0 speeches)
'(1) This section applies for the purposes of section [Mutual insurance]. (2) A qualifying authority is- (a) a county council in England; (b) a district council in England; (c) a London borough...
- New Clause 2 — Parish polls (43 speeches)
'(1) Paragraph 18(4), Schedule 12 of the Local Government Act 1972 (c. 70) is substituted as follows: "(2) A poll may be demanded before the conclusion of a parish meeting on any question arising...
- New Clause 3 — Insolvency protection (1 speech)
'(1) The Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 (c.53) is amended as follows. (2) After section 113 insert- "113A Insolvency protection (1) A party to a construction contract may...
- New Clause 4 — Local freedoms (0 speeches)
'(1) The Local Government Act 1972 (c. 70) is amended as follows. (2) In section 248 (freemen and inhabitants of existing boroughs), after subsection (1) there is inserted- "(1A) Where the son of...
- New Clause 6 — Purposes of regional development agencies (14 speeches)
'Section 4 of the Regional Development Agencies Act 1998 (c. 45) is amended as follows- (a) in paragraph (a) of subsection (1) after first "the", insert "sustainable", and (b) in paragraph (e) of...
- New Clause 8 — Committee system (1 speech)
'(1) Section 31 of the Local Government Act 2000 (c. 22) is amended as follows. (2) Subsection (2), there is substituted- "(2) A local authority falls within this subsection if the resident...
- New Clause 13 — Local Spending Reports (0 speeches)
'(1) The Secretary of State must as soon as practicable but not less than 12 months after the passing of this Act produce and publish a Local Spending Report. (2) The reports must cover- (a) all...
- Clause 66 — Local authority economic assessment (0 speeches)
Amendment proposed: 27, page 50, line 8, at end insert- '( ) When conducting an assessment under this part, a principal local authority must consider the impact on the social, environmental and...
- Clause 137 — Adjudication costs (0 speeches)
Amendments made: 21, page 82, line 3, after 'applies' insert 'in relation'. Amendment 22, page 82, line 7, leave out from beginning to end of line 13 and insert- '(2) The contractual provision...
- Clause 144 — Commencement: general (0 speeches)
Amendment made: 28, page 87, line 17, leave out 'Chapter 2 comes' and insert 'Sections [Mutual insurance] and [Mutual insurance: supplementary] and Chapter 2 come'.- (Ms Rosie Winterton.)
- Schedule 7 — Repeals (4 speeches)
Amendment made: 23, page 137, line 40, second column, at beginning insert- 'Section 106(1)(b) and the preceding "or".'. -(Ms Rosie Winterton.) Title Amendment made: 29, line 5, after...
- Business without Debate (0 speeches)
- Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Ordered, That the Social Security (Incapacity Benefit Work-focused Interviews) (Amendment) Regulations 2009 (S.I., 2009, No. 1541), dated 19 June 2009, be referred to a Delegated Legislation...
- Access to Parliament (United Kingdom Members of the European Parliament) (1 speech)
Motion made, That the Resolutions of the House of 30 January 1989 relating to House of Commons Services and 6 December 1991 relating to Access (Former members and United Kingdom Members of the...
- Regional Select Committee (West Midlands) (1 speech)
Motion made, That Dr Richard Taylor be a member of the West Midlands Regional Select Committee. -(Ms Butler.)
- Regional Select Committee (Yorkshire and the Humber) (1 speech)
Motion made, That Mary Creagh be discharged from the Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Select Committee and Mr Austin Mitchell be added. -(Ms Butler.)
- Regional Select Committee (South West) (1 speech)
Motion made, That Linda Gilroy be discharged from the South West Regional Select Committee and Roger Berry be added. -(Ms Butler.)
- Biofuels (12 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn. -(Ms Butler.)