House of Commons debates
Tuesday, 1 April 2008
- Oral Answers to Questions — Communities and Local Government
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Eco-towns (16 speeches, 1 annotation)
What progress has been made on the competition to establish eco-towns.
- Housing (Bournemouth) (4 speeches)
What the housing targets for Bournemouth over the next 10 years are; and how they were decided.
- Rough Sleepers (8 speeches)
What recent estimate she has made of the number of rough sleepers in each local authority area.
- Listed Buildings (6 speeches)
What account she takes of listed building status in planning policy guidance.
- Ordnance Survey (10 speeches)
What the respective responsibilities of the shareholder and client Ministers for Ordnance Survey are.
- Empty Properties (12 speeches, 1 annotation)
How many empty properties there are in England; and what steps she is taking to ensure effective use of the national housing stock.
- Council Tax (11 speeches)
What the percentage change in band D council tax has been between 1997-98 and 2008-09 in (a) Basildon, (b) London and (c) England.
- Empty Business Property Rating (6 speeches)
What assessment she has made of the likely effects of the empty business property rating rules that come into force in April; and if she will make a statement.
- Sustainable Buildings Code (8 speeches)
What progress is being made in assisting local authorities to implement the sustainable buildings code.
- Gender Equality (Public Procurement) (7 speeches)
What adaptations her Department has made to its public procurement policies and practices and its guidance to local authorities to take account of the gender equality duty.
- Topical Questions (30 speeches, 1 annotation)
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities.
- Speaker's Statement (1 speech)
Yesterday the hon. Member for Aldershot (Mr. Howarth) raised a point of order on the release by the Ministry of Defence of the outcome of a procurement exercise for tanker aircraft in advance of...
- Iraq (57 speeches, 1 annotation)
With permission, Mr. Speaker, I would like to make a statement on the security situation in Basra. Before I begin, I would like to pay tribute to the courage of all our servicemen and women...
- Offshore Oil and Gas Industries (Health and Safety) (1 speech)
I beg to move, That leave be given to bring in a Bill to make further provision to secure the health, safety and welfare of persons at work in offshore oil and gas industries; and for connected...
- Offshore oil and Gas Industries (Health and Safety) (0 speeches)
Mr. Frank Doran accordingly presented a Bill to make further provision to secure the health, safety and welfare of persons at work in offshore oil and gas industries; and for connected purposes:...
- Orders of the Day (0 speeches)
- Counter-Terrorism Bill (297 speeches, 5 annotations)
[Relevant documents: The Third Report from the Justice Committee on the Counter-Terrorism Bill, HC 405. The First Report from the Home Affairs Committee on the Government's Counter-Terrorism...
- Counter-Terrorism Bill (Programme) (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 83A(7) (Programme Motions), That the following provisions shall apply to the Counter-Terrorism Bill: Committal 1. The...
- Counter-Terrorism Bill [Money] (0 speeches)
Queen's Recommendation having been signified— Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 52(1)(a)(Money resolutions and ways and means resolutions in...
- Counter-Terrorism Bill [Ways and Means] (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 52(1)(a)(Money resolutions and ways and means resolutions in connection with bills), That, for the purposes of any Act...
- Delegated Legislation (1 speech)
With permission, I shall put the motions on prisons together. Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order 118(6) (Delegated Legislation Committees),
- Prisons (0 speeches)
That the draft Early Removal of Fixed-Term Prisoners (Amendment of Eligibility Period) Order 2008, which was laid before this House on 12th March, be approved. That the draft Early Removal of...
- European Union Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 119(9) (European Committees),
- Fisheries: Control, Inspection and Sanction Systems (0 speeches)
That this House takes note of European Union Document No. 16071/07, European Court of Auditors Special Report No. 7/2007 on the control, inspection and sanction systems relating to the rules on...
- Business of the House (0 speeches)
Ordered, That, at the sitting on Tuesday 22nd April, Standing Order No. 17 (Delegated legislation (negative procedure)) shall not apply to the Motion in the name of Simon Hughes relating to...
- Petitions (0 speeches)
- Post Office Closures (West London) (1 speech)
I wish to present two petitions to the House tonight that both concern post offices. A petition against the closure of the Formosa street post office is supported by 2,260 of my constituents, who...
- Post Office Closures (Knaresborough) (1 speech)
I have pleasure in presenting a petition signed by the mayor of Knaresborough and 3,140 local residents, who are dismayed and angered that their local sub-post office in Aspin lane, Knaresborough...
- Post Office Closures (Teesside) (1 speech)
I have a petition to present on behalf of my constituents in the Oxbridge and Parkfield area of my constituency. It has been signed by more than 3,000 local people in 10 working days. They...
- Territorial Army (20 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.— [Mr. Michael Foster.]