House of Commons debates
Monday, 4 July 2005
- Oral Answers to Questions — Defence
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Second World War (8 speeches)
What events are planned to mark the 60th anniversary of the second world war; and if he will make a statement.
- Joint Strike Fighter (10 speeches)
If he will make a statement on the ownership of the intellectual property in the joint strike fighter.
- Nuclear Deterrent (17 speeches, 6 annotations)
When he intends to initiate discussions on the future of the British nuclear deterrent.
- Sudan (12 speeches)
If he will make a statement on British forces being deployed to Darfur.
- Second World War (10 speeches)
What plans are in place to commemorate the role of women in the second world war.
- Territorial Army (8 speeches)
If he will make a statement on the retention of local Territorial Army detachments.
- Royal Air Force (6 speeches)
If he will make a statement on the peacetime readiness levels of the RAF.
- Iraq (Reconstruction) (15 speeches, 1 annotation)
What contribution UK armed forces have made to the reconstruction effort in Iraq.
- Afghanistan/Iraq (12 speeches)
What recent assessment he has made of the security situation in Afghanistan.
- Army (Manpower) (4 speeches)
What the trained strength of the (a) regular and (b) Territorial Army is.
- Points of Order (4 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr. Speaker. Would it be in order to ask whether you have had any communication from the Home Secretary about coming to this House to give a statement on the increasingly...
- Local Taxation (234 speeches, 2 annotations)
I inform the House that I have selected the amendment in the name of the Prime Minister.
- Government Regulation (96 speeches)
I inform the House that Mr. Speaker has selected the amendment in the name of the Prime Minister.
- Consolidated Fund (Appropriation) Bill (0 speeches)
Order for Second Reading read. Question, That the Bill be now read a Second time, put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 56 (Consolidated Fund Bills), and agreed to. Bill accordingly read...
- Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 115(3) (Northern Ireland Grand Committee (delegated legislation)),
- Northern Ireland (0 speeches)
That the draft Budget (No. 2) (Northern Ireland) Order 2005, which was laid before this House on 9th June, be approved.—[Mr. Alan Campbell.] Question agreed to.
- Adjournment (Summer) (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 25 (Periodic adjournments), That this House, at its rising on Thursday 21st July, do adjourn till Monday 10th October...
- Community Hospitals (New Forest) (13 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—[Mr. Alan Campbell.]