House of Commons debates
Thursday, 16 June 2005
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education and Skills
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Schools Building Programme (11 speeches)
What recent representations she has received on the schools building programme.
- Special Educational Needs (23 speeches, 1 annotation)
If she will make a statement on her policy on special needs in education.
- School Discipline (Leicestershire) (10 speeches)
What assistance her Department is giving to Leicestershire schools to promote good behaviour in the classroom.
- Primary Schools (Admissions) (6 speeches)
If she will make a statement on admission criteria in primary schools.
- Education Maintenance Allowance (6 speeches)
How many young people in (a) Durham and (b) England have been granted education maintenance allowances.
- Adult Education (16 speeches)
What recent representations she has received from the further education sector on adult education.
- Overseas Students (8 speeches)
If she will make a statement on the number of overseas students attending university in England.
- Foreign Languages (6 speeches)
If she will make a statement on the teaching of modern foreign languages in schools and universities.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Solicitor-General
The Solicitor-General was asked—
- Crown Prosecution Service (Nottinghamshire) (8 speeches, 1 annotation)
What interaction takes place between local police officers and local lawyers of the Crown Prosecution Service in Nottinghamshire on improving mutual understanding of the process from arrest to...
- Murder (10 speeches)
What discussions he has had with the Director of Public Prosecutions on the mandatory life sentence for murder.
- Extradition (4 speeches, 1 annotation)
If the Attorney-General will discuss with the US authorities reciprocal rights for those facing extradition.
- Business of the House (65 speeches)
Will the Leader of the House please give us the business for next week?
- Orders of the Day — Transport (Wales) Bill (150 speeches)
Order for Second Reading read.
- Transport (Wales) Bill (Programme) (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 83A(6) (Programme motions), That the following provisions shall apply to the Transport (Wales) Bill: Committal 1. The Bill...
- Transport (Wales) Bill [Money] (0 speeches)
Queen's recommendation having been signified— Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 52(1)(a) (Money resolutions and ways and means resolutions in...
- Northern Ireland (25 speeches)
I beg to move, That the direction given by the Secretary of State under section 51B(2) of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 on 1st April 2005, a copy of which was laid before this House on 4th April,...
- Northern Ireland Grand Committee (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 116 (Northern Ireland Grand Committee (sittings)), That— (1) the draft Budget (No. 2) (Northern Ireland) Order 2005...
- Helen Wilkinson (7 speeches)
Motion made and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—[Mr. Coaker.]