House of Commons debates
Thursday, 13 May 2004
- Oral Answers to Questions — Treasury
The Chancellor of the Exchequer was asked—
- Ethiopia (Debt Relief) (8 speeches)
What recent discussions he has had with other Governments on debt relief to Ethiopia.
- Tax Credits (6 speeches)
How many families in Watford he estimates are receiving tax credits.
- Unemployment (East Midlands) (6 speeches)
If he will make a statement on levels of unemployment in (a) Amber Valley and (b) the east midlands.
- Pension Credit (19 speeches)
How many pensioners in Hastings and Rye are receiving pension credit.
- Child Poverty (8 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the impact of Government policy on child poverty.
- Trade Agreements (Poverty) (12 speeches)
What steps he is taking to reach further agreements on trade in order to tackle poverty in the world's poorest countries.
- Gershon Review (8 speeches)
What discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Health regarding the efficiency review being conducted by Sir Peter Gershon.
- International Aid (8 speeches)
What plans he has to increase expenditure on international aid in the coming spending round; and if he will make a statement.
- Civil Servants (Relocation) (12 speeches)
What progress is being made in the transfer of Government jobs out of London and the south-east following the Lyons review.
- Waste Management (6 speeches)
When he expects to publish his analysis of use of economic instruments in relation to waste generation.
- Football Supporters' Trusts (4 speeches)
What progress he has made on developing fiscal incentives to aid the growth of football supporters' trusts.
- Petrol Prices (4 speeches)
What assessment he has made of the impact of increasing petrol fuel prices on the economies of rural areas.
- Business of the House (70 speeches)
Will the Leader of the House give us the business for next week?
- Points of Order (6 speeches)
On a point of order, Mr. Speaker. I understand that the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is currently making an announcement about the fallen stock scheme, which is a major...
- Child Trust Funds Bill (Programme) (No. 3) (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Orders [ 28 June 2001 and 6 November 2003], That the following provisions shall apply to the Child Trust Funds Bill for the purpose of...
- Orders of the Day — Child Trust Funds Bill (1 speech)
Lords amendments considered.
- Armed Forces Personnel (114 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—[Derek Twigg.]
- Royal Assent (1 speech)
I have to notify the House, in accordance with the Royal Assent Act 1967, that the Queen has signified her Royal Assent to the following Acts: National Insurance Contributions and Statutory...
- Armed Forces Personnel (31 speeches)
Question again proposed, That this House do now adjourn.
- Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Ordered, That the Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations 2004 (S.I., 2004, No. 1031), dated 1st April 2004, be referred to a Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation.—[Mr....
- Petition — Pneumococcal disease (1 speech, 2 annotations)
I wish to present a petition on behalf of 3,000 of my constituents in support of a campaign launched by Scott Fewster, headmaster of a school in my constituency. His son Lachlan died from...
- Registrars and Civil Marriages (2 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—[Mr. Ainger.]