House of Commons debates
Monday, 24 February 2003
- Oral Answers to Questions — Home Department
The Secretary of State was asked—
- Police Pensions (10 speeches)
If he will make a statement on the cost of police pensions.
- Asylum System (26 speeches)
What discussions he has had with his counterparts in other EU countries regarding the asylum system.
- Identity Cards (14 speeches, 1 annotation)
What representations his Department has received on the consultation on compulsory identity cards.
- Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act (6 speeches, 1 annotation)
When he expects to bring into force section 4 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002; and if he will make a statement.
- Active Community Unit (6 speeches)
If he will make a statement on the work of his Department's active community unit.
- Asylum Seekers (12 speeches)
What target he has set for the removal of failed asylum seekers.
- Illegal Land Occupation (10 speeches)
If he will make a statement on the powers of the police to move on people who illegally occupy land and open spaces.
- Polish Citizens (Deportation) (6 speeches)
How many Polish citizens are due to be deported prior to the planned date for Poland's accession to membership of the European Union.
- Antisocial Behaviour (6 speeches)
What steps he is taking to tackle antisocial behaviour.
- Unsolved Murders (4 speeches)
If he will make a statement on police procedure for investigating unsolved murders in cases where the original conviction has been overturned.
- Business of the House (23 speeches)
Mr. Speaker, with permission, I should like to make a short business statement. The business for Wednesday 26 February 2003 will now be: Debate on Iraq on a Government motion. The business for...
- Energy White Paper (55 speeches)
With permission, Mr. Speaker, I should like to make a statement about the energy White Paper which I and my right hon. Friends the Secretary of State for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs and...
- Points of Order (6 speeches)
On a point of order, Madam Deputy Speaker. Since we last debated Iraq, we have been presented with a risible, plagiarised dossier on weapons of mass destruction. We have also seen huge...
- Industrial Development (Financial Assistance) Bill (57 speeches)
I inform the House that Mr. Speaker has selected for discussion the amendment in the name of the Leader of the Opposition.
- Industrial Development (Financial Assistance) Bill [Money] (1 speech)
Queen's recommendation having been signified— Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 53 (1)(a) (Money resolutions and ways and means resolutions in...
- European Community Documents (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 119(9)(European Standing Committees),
- Improving Safety at Sea (0 speeches)
That this House takes note of European Union Documents No. 15301/02, Commission Communication on improving safety at sea, and No. 5111/03, draft Regulation on the accelerated phasing in of double...
- Combating Corruption in the Private Sector (1 speech)
That this House takes note of European Union Document No. 12249/2/02, on Combating Corruption in the Private Sector; considers it to be an acceptable replacement for the Joint Action on...
- Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Motion made, and Question put forthwith, pursuant to Standing Order No. 118(6)(Standing Committees on Delegated Legislation),
- Northern Ireland (0 speeches)
That the draft Housing (Northern Ireland) Order 2003, which was laid before this House on 20th January, be approved.
- Libraries (0 speeches)
That the draft Public Lending Right (Increase of Limit) Order 2003, which was laid before this House on 28th January, be approved.—[Gillian Merron.] Question agreed to.
- Delegated Legislation (0 speeches)
Ordered, That the following Statutory Instruments be referred to Standing Committees on Delegated Legislation: the Education (Determination of Admission Arrangements) (Amendment) (England)...
- Petition — Wiltshire Probation Service (1 speech)
I have the honour of presenting a petition on behalf of 5,775 of my constituents from the towns of Chippenham, Malmesbury, Wootton Bassett, Corsham, and the villages in between, who are—not...
- Law and Order (Hertfordshire) (23 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—[Gillian Merron.]