House of Commons debates
Thursday, 14 July 1994
- Preamble (0 speeches)
The House met at half-past Two o'clock
- Prayers (0 speeches)
[MADAM SPEAKER in the Chair]
- Private Business (0 speeches)
- Oral Answers to Questions — Northern Ireland (0 speeches)
- Administration (14 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what steps he is taking to ensure that the process of administration of Northern Ireland involves the input of opinions from all political...
- Political Talks (18 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will make a statement on recent developments regarding the joint declaration.
- Cross-border Security (12 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what is his assessment of cross-border security co-operation.
- Political Talks (13 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will make a statement on the talks that he has had with the parties in Northern Ireland and with the Irish Government in relation to the...
- Forestry (4 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland when he expects to make an announcement on changes in incentives for private forestry in Northern Ireland.
- Technology Firms (9 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will make a statement on the level of inward investment in technology firms in Northern Ireland.
- Security (9 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland how many police officers, reservists and military personnel have been killed or seriously injured in Northern Ireland in the last 12 months.
- Foreign Heads of State (4 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what consultations his Department has had with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office regarding visits to Northern Ireland by foreign heads of state.
- Bill of Rights (4 speeches)
To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what proposals he has to publish a White Paper on the implementation of a Bill of Rights; and if he will make a statement.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister (0 speeches)
- Engagements (52 speeches)
To ask the Prime Minister if he will list his official engagements for Thursday 14 July.
- "Front Line First" (57 speeches)
With permission, I should like to make a statement on the outcome of the study known as "Front Line First". At the end of the cold war there were major changes in the international situation. In...
- Business of the House (31 speeches)
Madam Speaker, with permission, I should like to make a statement about the business for next week:— MONDAY 18 JULY—Debate on the economy on a Government motion. Motion on the...
- Consolidated Fund Bill (1 speech)
I have announcements to make about arrangements for the debate on the motion for the Adjournment which will follow the passing of the Consolidated Fund Bill on Wednesday 20 July. Members should...
- Points of Order (14 speeches)
On a point of order, Madam Speaker. I have given notice of this point of order to the hon. Member for Neath (Mr. Hain). Sadly, as you know, Madam Speaker, the hon. Gentleman cannot be present....
- Bill Presented (0 speeches)
- Civil Rights (Disabled Persons) (Wales) (0 speeches)
Mr. Barry Jones, supported by Mr. Alfred Morris, Mr. Alex Carlile, Mr. Dafydd Wigley, Mr. Neil Kinnock, Mr. Ray Powell, Mr. Donald Anderson, Mr. Gareth Wardell, Dr. John Marek, Mr. David Hanson,...
- Fishing Vessels (Decommissioning) (51 speeches)
I beg to move, That the Fishing Vessels (Decommissioning) Scheme 1994 (S.I., 1994, No. 1568), a copy of which was laid before this House on 15th June, be approved. It has become something of a...
- London Docklands Development Corporation Bill [Lords] (0 speeches)
As amended, considered.
- Clause 2 (0 speeches)
- Interpretation (25 speeches)
- Clause 5 (0 speeches)
- General Duty as to Designated Areas (3 speeches)
I beg to move amendment No. 2, in page 4, line 23, leave out subsection (4). We cleared a great deal of ground in our debate on the first set of amendments. This amendment relates to clause 5...
- Clause 31 (0 speeches)
- Alteration of Limits of Jurisdiction (37 speeches)
Amendment made: No. 3, in page 11, line 21, leave out 'limits of jurisdiction', and insert 'designated areas, as defined in section 2 (Interpretation) of this Act,'.—[Mr. Spearing.]
- M25 (Noise Pollution) (4 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn—[Mr. Patnick.]