House of Commons debates
Friday, 24 May 1985
- Preamble (0 speeches)
The House met at half-past Nine o'clock
- Prayers (0 speeches)
[MR. SPEAKER in the Chair]
- Bills Presented (0 speeches)
- Reform (0 speeches)
Mr. Tony Benn, supported by Mr. Tony Banks, Mrs. Margaret Beckett, Mr. Gerald Bermingham, Mr. Bob Clay, Mr. Martin Flannery, Mr. Eric S. Heffer, Miss Joan Maynard, Mr. Bill Michie, Mr. Dave...
- Medical Act 1983 (Amendment) (0 speeches)
Mr. Nigel Spearing, supported by Dr. Brian Mawhinney and Dr. M. S. Miller, presented a Bill to amend section 36 of the Medical Act 1983 to enable the Professional Conduct Committee of the General...
- Confectionery Industry (9 speeches)
Motion made and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn. —[Mr. Archie Hamilton.]
- Alcohol Abuse (4 speeches)
I should like to say first of all that I am not a prohibitionist. In this place, it would be difficult to work up support for such a policy. I raise this Adjournment debate so that the...
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Vote (3 speeches)
While I have neither eyes to see nor ears to hear what happens behind the Bar of the House or in the Box, I understand that a number of the Minister's advisers will be present today. As I shall...
- Refugees (Hong Kong) (5 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to speak about the conditions in closed camps in Hong Kong and the policy that led to them. One hesitates to talk about records in the House, because no doubt...
- St. Luke's Hospice, Basildon (2 speeches)
There can be few hon. Members who have not at some time during their lives known someone who has died from cancer. It might have been a friend, a relative or a loved one. We know that cancer...
- Homelessness (Young People) (2 speeches)
- Leasehold and Tenanted Properties (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise a matter which I consider to be of considerable national importance. It is both timely and a happy coincidence that this is a housing matter. I hope that my...
- Social Security Act 1975 (2 speeches)
- Cystic Fibrosis (Prescription Charges) (9 speeches)
Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn—[Mr. Durant.]