Tuesday, 9 October 2012
- Further appointments to the House of Lords during the current Parliament – Lord Hunt of Kings Heath Oral Questions; 2:30 pm
- Cost of the parliamentary constituency boundaries review – Lord Touhig Oral Questions
- Cost of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games – Lord Wigley Oral Questions
- Cost of cancelling the contract award for the West Coast Rail franchise – Lord Kennedy of Southwark Oral Questions
- Defamation Bill - Second reading Legislation
- Strength of Britain’s industrial base – Lord Adonis Short Debate
- Estimated Rising Time; 8:30 pm
Lords: Select Committees
- Public Service and Demographic Change: Public Service and Demographic Change 9:30 am; Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
- Witnesses: (at 11.00am) Shaun Gallagher, Acting DG for Social Care, Local Government and Care Partnerships, Department of Health; Trevor Huddleston, Chief Analyst, Department for Work and Pensions; James Richardson, Director, Fiscal and Deputy Chief Economic Advisor, Fiscal Group, HM Treasury; and Jon Bright, Director of Homelessness and Support, Building Regulations and Climate Change, Department for Communities and Local Government.
- Adoption Legislation: Adoption Legislation 10:00 am; Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Witnesses: (at 10.15am) Professor Eileen Munro CBE, Department of Social Policy, London School of Economics.
- Science and Technology: Private meeting 10:30 am; Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- Economic and Financial Affairs (EU Sub-Committee A) 10:30 am; Room 3, Palace of Westminster; Private meeting
- Witnesses: (at 11.00am) Professor Kern Alexander, Senior Research Fellow, The Centre for Financial Analysis and Policy University of Cambridge, and Professor of Law and Finance, University of Zurich; and Professor Rosa Lastra, Professor in International Financial and Monetary Law, Queen Mary University of London.
- Communications: Private meeting 3:15 pm; Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Economic Affairs: The Economic Implications for the United Kingdom of Scottish Independence 3:30 pm; Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Witnesses: (at 3.35pm) Ms Karen Henderson, Senior Lecturer in Politics, University of Leicester.
- European Union: Private meeting 4:00 pm; Room 4, Palace of Westminster
Lords: Grand Committee
- Contribution of further education colleges to their local economies and communities - Baroness Sharp Short Debate; 3:30 pm
- UK Trade and Investment and SMEs – Baroness Liddell of Coatdyke Short Debate
- Cancer of the head and neck – Baroness Gardner of Parkes Short Debate
- Human rights situation in Bangladesh – Lord Hussain Short Debate
- Estimated Rising Time; 7:30 pm