TheyWorkForYou Email Alerts
Request a TheyWorkForYou email alert
- Signing up for things by Edward Garnier (Harborough)
mySociety news updates
- TheyWorkForYou search is case-insensitive, and tries to match all the search terms within a document.
- To search for a person, just enter their name – we will search our database of people, as well as searching speeches made by that person, or that mention that person.
To search for an exact phrase, use quotes (""). For example to find only documents contain the exact phrase "Hutton Report":Put a word in quotes if you don't want to perform stemming (where e.g. searching for ‘horse’ will also return results with ‘horses’). Sadly exact phrase search is currently disabled due to its poor performance. It is still available in email alerts.
- To exclude a word from your search, put a minus ("-") sign in front,
for example to find documents containing the word "representation" but not the word "taxation":
- If you want to search for words only when they're used near each other in the text, use "NEAR". For example, to find documents containing the word "elephant" near the word "room":
elephant NEAR room
- Advanced Users: You can perform boolean searches, with
brackets, AND, OR, and XOR. The filters can be entered directly, as well as
from the advanced search form, here's a selection:
- section:uk section:wms