Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Thursday, 30 October 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Home Office: Crime answered 30 October 2014
Chris Ruane: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what changes have been made to the process of recording notifiable recorded crime categories since 2010.
- Written ministerial statements Thursday, 30 October 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Work and Pensions: Work Capability Assessments 30 October 2014
- Iain Duncan Smith: The previous Government appointed Atos the sole provider for carrying out work capability assessments in 2008. On 27 March, Official Report, column 56-58WS, the former Minister with...
- Public Bill committees Wednesday, 29 October 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 29 October 2014
- 28 October 2014
- 23 October 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Thursday, 30 October 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Business of the House: Backbench Business — UK Drugs Policy Thursday, 30 October 2014; 110 speeches
- In calling Caroline Lucas to move the motion, I congratulate her on the award she received last night at the Pink News awards in Speaker’s House, which I hope will enjoy the acclamation of...
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 30 October 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Hugh Bayley in the Chair] — Arms Exports and Controls Thursday, 30 October 2014; 23 speeches
- [Relevant documents: First Joint Report from the Committees on Arms Export Controls, HC 186, and the Government response, Cm 8935.] Motion made, and Question proposed, That the sitting be now...
- Lords debates Thursday, 30 October 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Bank of England — Question Thursday, 30 October 2014; 18 speeches
- To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they will rename the central bank of the United Kingdom, “The Bank of England and of the United Kingdom”.