Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Thursday, 10 April 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Sri Lanka answered 10 April 2014
Douglas Alexander: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs when the Minister of State, the hon. Member for East Devon, will next travel to Sri Lanka.
- Written ministerial statements Thursday, 10 April 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Defence: 24 Commando Engineer Regiment 10 April 2014
- Mark Francois: On 5 July 2012, Official Report, column 1085, the Defence Secretary made a statement to the House on the outcome of the Army 2020 review and laid out the future structure of the British Army....
- Public Bill committees Tuesday, 1 April 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 1 April 2014
- 27 March 2014
- 25 March 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Thursday, 10 April 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: UK Trade & Investment Thursday, 10 April 2014; 8 speeches
- What recent assessment he has made of the performance of UK Trade & Investment in supporting exports.
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 10 April 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Katy Clark in the Chair] — Backbench Business — Domestic Violence (Police Response) Thursday, 10 April 2014; 52 speeches, 1 annotation
- Motion made, and Question proposed, That the sitting be now adjourned.—(Amber Rudd.)
- Lords debates Wednesday, 9 April 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Housing: Discretionary Housing Payment — Question Wednesday, 9 April 2014; 12 speeches
- To ask Her Majesty’s Government what assessment they have made of the level of discretionary housing payment available to local authorities.