Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Friday, 12 September 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Home Department: Immigration Controls answered 12 September 2014
Paul Blomfield: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many employers in the UK motorsport industries hold a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence.
- Written ministerial statements Friday, 12 September 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Communities and Local Government: Housing Standards 12 September 2014
- Stephen Williams: For the last two years the Government have been undertaking a major programme to rationalise the complex range of technical standards that can currently apply to new housing. We want to both save...
- Public Bill committees Thursday, 11 September 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 11 September 2014
- 9 September 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Friday, 12 September 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Household Safety (Carbon Monoxide Detectors) Bill Friday, 12 September 2014; 8 speeches
- Second Reading
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 11 September 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Mr Philip Hollobone in the Chair] — BacKBench Business — Kashmir Thursday, 11 September 2014; 70 speeches, 3 annotations
- Motion made, and Question proposed, That the sitting be now adjourned.—(Alun Cairns.)
- Lords debates Wednesday, 30 July 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Criminal Justice and Courts Bill — Committee (5th Day) Wednesday, 30 July 2014; 113 speeches
- Relevant documents: 2nd Report from the Constitution Committee, 3rd Report from the Delegated Powers Committee, 14th Report, Session 2013-14, from the Joint Committee on Human Rights Clause 65:...