Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Thursday, 26 March 2015
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Ministry of Defence: RAF Croughton answered 26 March 2015
Tom Watson: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 10 March 2015 to Question 226256, on RAF Croughton, what the dates were of the (a) Host Nation Notification and (b) Host Nation Response made in connection with the European Infrastructure Consolidated Review.
- Written ministerial statements Thursday, 26 March 2015
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Correction to Oral answer on Tuesday 24th March 26 March 2015
- Lord de Mauley: During an oral answer on Tuesday 24th March my noble friend Baroness Garden of Frognal said at Col. 1308 ‘The sum of £2 billion is predominantly for London because I am answering...
- Public Bill committees Tuesday, 3 March 2015
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 3 March 2015
- 24 February 2015
- 10 February 2015
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Thursday, 21 May 2015
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Westminster Hall Wednesday, 25 March 2015
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- High Speed 2 Wednesday, 25 March 2015; 86 speeches, 2 annotations
- [Relevant documents: Thirteenth Report from the Environmental Audit Committee, Session 2013-14, on HS2 and the environment, HC 1076, and the Government response, HC (2014-15) 216.]
- Lords debates Tuesday, 19 May 2015
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates