Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Monday, 1 September 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: St Helena answered 1 September 2014
Andrew Rosindell: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what estimate she has made of the number of residents of St Helena in fuel poverty.
- Written ministerial statements Monday, 1 September 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Tunisia and Lebanon (Participation in Union Programmes) 1 September 2014
- Tobias Ellwood: I wish to inform the House that the Government have opted in to the following measures: (i) Proposal for a Council decision on the signing and provisional application, on behalf of the Union, of...
- Public Bill committees Monday, 21 July 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 21 July 2014
- 13 May 2014
- 8 May 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Monday, 1 September 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Oral Answers to Questions — Work and Pensions: Benefits (Expenditure) Monday, 1 September 2014; 6 speeches
- How much his Department spent on benefits in 2010; and what estimate he has made of such spending in 2015.
- Westminster Hall Tuesday, 22 July 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- Healthier Together Programme (Greater Manchester) — [Mrs Linda Riordan in the Chair] Tuesday, 22 July 2014; 63 speeches, 1 annotation
- Before the debate starts, I should say that I will allow gentlemen to remove their jackets.
- Lords debates Wednesday, 30 July 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013 — Question Wednesday, 30 July 2014; 18 speeches
- To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they are satisfied with the enactment and operation of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013.