Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Monday, 17 June 2013
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Treasury: Revenue and Customs answered 17 June 2013
Grahame Morris: To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what representations HM Revenue and Customs has received from the Information Commissioner to release the address of each individual named on the Consulting Association database of blacklisted workers.
- Written ministerial statements Monday, 17 June 2013
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Work and Pensions: Child Support (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2013 17 June 2013
- Steve Webb: Later today the Government will be publishing their response to the consultation on the Child Support (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2013 (“the regulations”). The regulations...
- Public Bill committees Thursday, 13 June 2013
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 13 June 2013
- 11 June 2013
- 6 June 2013
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Monday, 17 June 2013
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Nato: Iran Monday, 17 June 2013; 56 speeches
- (Urgent Question): To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will make a statement on the policy of Her Majesty’s Government towards Iran following the...
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 13 June 2013
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Mr Andrew Turner in the Chair] — Dog Control and Welfare Thursday, 13 June 2013; 76 speeches
- [Relevant documents: Dog Control and Welfare, Seventh Report of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, Session 2012-13, HC 575, and the Government response, Session 2012-13, HC 1092.]...
- Lords debates Monday, 17 June 2013
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Iran: Election — Statement Monday, 17 June 2013; 15 speeches
- My Lords, with the permission of the House, I will repeat the Answer to an Urgent Question asked in the other place. The Answer is as follows. “I congratulate the people of Iran on their...