Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Friday, 19 December 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- HM Treasury: Nurses: Schools answered 19 December 2014
Nadhim Zahawi: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimate he has made of the total annual average cost to the public purse of employing a school nurse.
- Written ministerial statements Thursday, 18 December 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Military Personnel (Protection and Immunity) 18 December 2014
- Philip Hammond: I wish to inform the House of arrangements put in place to regularise the status of British military personnel serving in Iraq, as part of our contribution in response to the Government of...
- Public Bill committees Thursday, 18 December 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 18 December 2014
- 17 December 2014
- 16 December 2014
- 10 December 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Thursday, 18 December 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Energy and Climate Change: Onshore Oil and Gas Exploration (Scotland) Thursday, 18 December 2014; 11 speeches
- How many licences for onshore oil and gas exploration in Scotland have been granted by his Department in the last five years.
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 18 December 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Philip Davies in the Chair] — Business Investment (Outer-City Estates) Thursday, 18 December 2014; 10 speeches
- Motion made, and Question proposed, That the sitting be now adjourned.—(Mel Stride.)
- Lords debates Wednesday, 17 December 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- NHS: Dermatology Services — Question Wednesday, 17 December 2014; 12 speeches
- To ask Her Majesty’s Government what action they are taking to improve dermatology services in the National Health Service.