Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Friday, 21 November 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Home Office: Asylum: Syria answered 21 November 2014
Ian Lucas: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, who will represent the UK in the UN High Commissioner for Refugees meeting on resettling Syria's refugees in December 2014.
- Written ministerial statements Friday, 21 November 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Culture Media and Sport: UK Sport and Sport England(Triennial Review) 21 November 2014
- Helen Grant: I am today announcing the start of the Triennial Review of UK Sport and Sport England. As executive non-Departmental Public Bodies (NDPB), UK Sport and Sport England are required to undergo a...
- Public Bill committees Thursday, 20 November 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 20 November 2014
- 18 November 2014
- 11 November 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Thursday, 20 November 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Apprenticeships Thursday, 20 November 2014; 6 speeches
- What steps his Department is taking to increase the number of apprenticeships.
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 20 November 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Mr Clive Betts in the Chair] — IPCC Fifth Assessment Report Thursday, 20 November 2014; 51 speeches
- [Relevant Documents: First Report from the Committee on Energy and Climate Change, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Fifth Assessment Report: Review of Working Group I Contribution,...
- Lords debates Friday, 21 November 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Divorce (Financial Provision) Bill [HL]: Committee Friday, 21 November 2014; 35 speeches
- Relevant document: 3rd Report from the Delegated Powers Committee Clause 1: Amendment of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 Amendment 1 Moved by Baroness Deech 1: Clause 1, page 1, line 2, after...