Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Friday, 24 October 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- House of Lords: Obesity: Children answered 24 October 2014
Lord Taylor of Warwick: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to provide further advice to schools on how to tackle childhood obesity.
- Written ministerial statements Friday, 24 October 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- House of Lords: Energy: Shale Oil and Gas 24 October 2014
- Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon: My hon Friend the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (Kris Hopkins) has made the following Written Ministerial Statement. I am today announcing the start...
- Public Bill committees Thursday, 23 October 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 23 October 2014
- 22 October 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Friday, 24 October 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Christopher Rochester Friday, 24 October 2014; 5 speeches
- Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Damian Hinds.)
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 23 October 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Sir Alan Meale in the Chair] — Communicating Climate Science Thursday, 23 October 2014; 21 speeches
- [Relevant documents: Eighth Report of the Science and Technology Committee, Communicating Climate Science, HC 254, and the Government Response, HC 376.] Motion made, and Question proposed, That...
- Lords debates Friday, 24 October 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- House of Lords (Expulsion and Suspension) Bill [HL]: Second Reading Friday, 24 October 2014; 30 speeches
- Moved by Baroness Hayman That the Bill be read a second time.