Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Wednesday, 4 December 2013
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- House of Lords: Overseas Territories answered 4 December 2013
Lord Chidgey: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether HM Treasury, or any other Government department, will submit a response to the recent consultations announced by the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, and the Turks and Caicos Islands on the beneficial ownership of companies; and whether the response will advocate a public registry of beneficial ownership.
- Written ministerial statements Wednesday, 4 December 2013
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Home Department: Justice and Home Affairs Council 4 December 2013
- Theresa May: The Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) Council is due to be held on 5 and 6 December in Brussels. My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Justice and I will attend on behalf of the United...
- Public Bill committees Tuesday, 3 December 2013
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 3 December 2013
- 28 November 2013
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Wednesday, 4 December 2013
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Oral Answers to Questions — International Development: Developing Countries: Tax Collection Wednesday, 4 December 2013; 6 speeches
- What steps she is taking to increase the capacity of developing countries to collect tax.
- Westminster Hall Wednesday, 4 December 2013
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- Press Charter Wednesday, 4 December 2013; 42 speeches
- It is a privilege to be under your chairmanship, Mr Turner, for this debate on press freedom as I see it. A colleague of mine would like to speak for a short time, so when I conclude, he will ask...
- Lords debates Wednesday, 4 December 2013
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Immigration: Detention — Question Wednesday, 4 December 2013; 14 speeches
- To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether, in the light of the case of Mr Isa Muazu, they will clarify their policy in relation to the detention of immigration detainees who are seriously ill...