Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Friday, 27 February 2015
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Apprentices answered 27 February 2015
Chuka Umunna: To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, pursuant to the Answer of 29 January 2015 to Question 222107, how many apprentices of each age group were employees of his Department, its agencies or of other government departments before their apprenticeship began.
- Written ministerial statements Friday, 27 February 2015
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Wales Office: Devolution In Wales 27 February 2015
- Stephen Crabb: This Government has a strong record of taking forward devolution in Wales reflecting public opinion. In 2011, we delivered a referendum which saw the National Assembly for Wales acquire full...
- Public Bill committees Tuesday, 24 February 2015
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 24 February 2015
- 10 February 2015
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Friday, 27 February 2015
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Deaths in Mental Health Settings Friday, 27 February 2015; 11 speeches
- Motion made, and Question proposed, That this House do now adjourn.—(Mark Lancaster.)
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 26 February 2015
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Mr Graham Brady in the Chair] — Backbench Business — Low Carbon Energy Generation Thursday, 26 February 2015; 24 speeches
- Motion made, and Question proposed, That the sitting be now adjourned.—(Mr Wallace.)
- Lords debates Friday, 27 February 2015
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- International Development (Official Development Assistance Target) Bill — Report Friday, 27 February 2015; 122 speeches
- Clause 1: Duty to meet United Nations 0.7% target from 2015 Amendment 1 Moved by Lord Butler of Brockwell 1: Clause 1, page 1, line 2, at beginning insert “Subject to the assent of the...