Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Tuesday, 29 July 2014
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- House of Lords: Prescription Drugs: Visual Impairment answered 29 July 2014
Lord Hunt of Kings Heath: To ask Her Majesty’s Government whether they have any plans to introduce talking labels as standard on medication for blind patients to ensure that they are able to understand their medication.
- Written ministerial statements Tuesday, 29 July 2014
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- House of Lords: House of Lords: Tabling Questions for Written Answer 29 July 2014
- Baroness Stowell of Beeston: It has been agreed through the usual channels that the three dates for tabling Questions for Written Answer during the Summer Recess this year will be Monday 1 September, Monday 8 September and...
- Public Bill committees Monday, 21 July 2014
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 21 July 2014
- 13 May 2014
- 8 May 2014
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Tuesday, 22 July 2014
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Points of Order Tuesday, 22 July 2014; 10 speeches
- On a point of order, Mr Speaker. I wonder whether you could give me some advice. I have a constituent who applied for a passport eight weeks ago and is travelling on Monday. My office tried to...
- Westminster Hall Tuesday, 22 July 2014
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- Care Home Top-up Fees Tuesday, 22 July 2014; 30 speeches
- It is a pleasure to have the opportunity under your chairmanship, Mr Sanders, to debate an issue that is of growing importance and will increasingly find its way into the mailbags of hon. Members...
- Lords debates Tuesday, 29 July 2014
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Localism Act 2012 — Question Tuesday, 29 July 2014; 14 speeches
- To ask Her Majesty’s Government what steps they are taking to ensure that local people are aware of, and are using, the new community rights created under the Localism Act 2012.