Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Thursday, 26 March 2015
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- Department for Energy and Climate Change: Energy Supply: Fees and Charges answered 26 March 2015
Michael Weir: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, which power stations in the UK received income via the transmission charging regime between 2005 and 2015; and how much such income was received.
- Written ministerial statements Thursday, 26 March 2015
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission: Electoral Commission and Local Government Boundary Commission England Main Estimates and Corporate Plans 2015-16 26 March 2015 (1 annotation)
- Gary Streeter: The Speaker’s Committee on the Electoral Commission is established under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendum Act (PPERA) 2000. Under paragraph 14 of Schedule 1 to the...
- Public Bill committees Tuesday, 3 March 2015
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 3 March 2015
- 24 February 2015
- 10 February 2015
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Thursday, 21 May 2015
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Westminster Hall Wednesday, 25 March 2015
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (Human Rights) Wednesday, 25 March 2015; 5 speeches, 6 annotations
- I am pleased that we are having this half-hour debate on the situation facing the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It is an interest of mine as the vice-chair of the all-party group on human...
- Lords debates Tuesday, 19 May 2015
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates