Read debates they’ve taken part in, see how they voted, sign up for an email alert, and more.
- Written answers Friday, 30 January 2015
- The parliamentary question is a great way for MPs and peers to discover
information from ministers which the government may not wish to reveal.
Random recent written question
- HM Treasury: Revenue and Customs answered 30 January 2015
Shabana Mahmood: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what the compliance yield of the Large Business Service team of HM Revenue and Customs was in (a) 2010-11, (b) 2011-12, (c) 2012-13, (d) 2013-14 and (e) 2014-15 to date.
- Written ministerial statements Thursday, 29 January 2015
- Written ministerial statements were introduced to stop the practice of
having “planted” questions to elicit Government statements.
Random recent written ministerial statement
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs: Foreign Affairs Council 29 January 2015
- David Lidington: My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs attended the Foreign Affairs Council on 19 January in Brussels. The Foreign Affairs Council was chaired by the...
- Public Bill committees Thursday, 22 January 2015
- Previously called Standing Committees, these study proposed legislation (bills) in detail, debating each clause and sending amendments to the Commons.
Latest Public Bill Committee meetings
- 22 January 2015
- 21 January 2015
- 20 January 2015
- 15 January 2015
What’s up next: - Upcoming
What is TheyWorkForYou?
TheyWorkForYou lets you find out what your MP, MSP or MLA is doing in your name, read debates, written answers, see what’s coming up in Parliament, and sign up for email alerts when there’s past or future activity on someone or something you’re interested in.
- Commons debates Thursday, 29 January 2015
- The main chamber of the House of Commons is where debates are held
on a variety of topics, oral questions are answered, and new legislation is
Random recent Commons debate
- Oral Answers to Questions — Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Emergency Food Aid Thursday, 29 January 2015; 8 speeches
- What estimate she has made of the number of people who used emergency food aid in the last 12 months; and what steps the Government are taking to address food poverty.
- Westminster Hall Thursday, 29 January 2015
- Westminster Hall is a secondary MP debating chamber, in a horseshoe
arrangement aimed at fostering a more constructive debate.
Random recent Westminster Hall debate
- [Mr Mike Weir in the Chair] — Female Genital Mutilation Thursday, 29 January 2015; 20 speeches
- [Relevant documents: Second Report from the Home Affairs Committee, Session 2014-15,“Female genital mutilation: the case for a national action plan”, HC 201, and the Government...
- Lords debates Thursday, 29 January 2015
- Peers from all parties (and crossbench and bishops) scrutinise government
legislation and debate a variety of issues in the House of Lords main chamber.
Random recent Lords debates
- Palestine: Recognition — Motion to Take Note Thursday, 29 January 2015; 36 speeches
- Moved by Lord Steel of Aikwood That this House takes note of the Resolution of the House of Commons of 13 October 2014 that “this House believes that the Government should recognise the...